Sync & download podcasts wirelessly

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by phil, Nov 29, 2007.

1. phil

phil New Member

Hey,

I know this isn't possible yet, but wouldn't it be great if you could tell your iPod to download your podcasts via wifi and add them all on your podcast list without connecting the iPod to your Mac or PC?
    Actually, it shouldn't be so hard. Judging from the available alternative firmwares for the 5th gen (and below) iPods it should be possible to access the iPod's music database (so that you can add the freshly downloaded podcast to the list of your unlistened podcasts). From that point onwards it should be rather easy to implement an xml parser which parses the rss feeds of my subscribed podcasts and downoads the files.
    Unfortunately I'm not really into Objective C and I haven't gotten my iPod touch yet. Are there any people in this forum who know a bit of Objective C and would give it a try? I'd love to see such an app!

Looking forward to hear your ideas and critics!
    phil
  2. blajeans

blajeans New Member

i didn't try it out yet..but isn't that exactly what MobileCast.app is doing??
  3. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yea mobilecast works great it currently doesnt work for video podcasts but a way around that is nav through safari with apache installed and load it through safari and itll open in quicktime
  4. phil

phil New Member

Sounds good!
    However I have still one question: Does MobileCast add the downloaded files to your Library on the iPod Touch (so that they're accessible via the Podcast menu) or can you only play them from inside the app?