sync calendar with outlook stopped working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jscalt, Dec 17, 2008.

1. jscalt

jscalt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have successfully synced my IPT 2nd gen with outlook 2003 calendar and contacts until now. For these two only, I sync via iTunes on a Windows XP Pro machine. Have latest sofware for everything.

Suddenly, taking a very long time for sync to run, resulting in NO entries in calendar on my Touch. NONE. Contacts are still exist on the ipod. Everything stays on Outlook (thank goodness!)

have tried the usual things: restarting, resetting sync history, clicking replace calendar info on iPod - all with no luck.

any suggestions?

I sync everything at home on my iMac except for contacts and calendar which I sync here at work from my windows machine. Has worked perfectly until this week.

thanks in advance for any help!
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    hmm thats very wierd.. have you made any changes to the ipod since then? or either of the computers in question?
  3. jscalt

jscalt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Believe it or not, the only app I recently added was one that finds public toilets (I saw it mentioned in an article in the NY Times)! A little embarrassing to admit here! But it was kind of silly so I deleted it. Could that have done anything? Don't think I recently added anything else. I've tried everything that's suggested in apple support to no avail.

Oh, but did discover one thing. If I create a new user on my computer, I can create an event in Outlook and successfully have it synced with the touch. But I need to sync from my normal user log-in!
  4. parano

parano New Member

Did you find a solution? I've got the same problem since I changed some events on my touch calendar.
  5. jscalt

jscalt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Still no success and it's a real problem since I replaced my Palm with this touch and rely on calendar. Any ideas from ANYONE would be much appreciated!