Sync cables, bad Karma

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Toilet Duck, May 12, 2010.

1. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Has anyone seen an alternative to either the apple or ebay special sync cable from a proper manufacturer?

I've been using my 3g for 6 months now, and it seems like every 6-8 weeks I'm having to replace the sync cable. The sheathing pulls out of the plugs, or they just randomly stop allowing connection, they just don't seem to be long lasting. And before anyone asks "yes", I try my best to look after them.

People moan about the poor quality of the supplied headphones, but the sync cables just seem a lot worse.
  2. User Name

User Name Active Member

I got a cheap one for about 2 bucks and it lasted me about 6 months, but i think that the Apple ones are so much better.

This looks like what i had, lasted pretty well.

I personally would just get a standard iPhone(apple brand) sync cable though.
  3. Timmarus

Timmarus Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The sheathing comes off. That's what it's supposed to do eventually. Everyone's does. Mine never drops connection though.
  4. nelson480

nelson480 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i have a 2 year old one from my iPod touch 1G and its still like new, stop pulling it by the cable and it wont do that, pull it by the plug!
  5. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    I had my iPod since September and I just noticed that Ihave a little tear in mine. My Dad's 3g cable had tears all over the place.
  6. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I never pull by the cable, only ever by the plug, yet still the sheath draws back.