SYNC cable....?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kallen, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    OK, so here's what my iPod has started doing....I plug it into my PC, and nothing. It doesn't charge, Windows doesn't see it. I removed Apple Mobile and iTunes, and reinstalled, just to cover it all, still nothing. I also run (dual boot) Linux. In Linux, nothing. I have tried all 4 of my USB ports. Won't charge or connect on any.
    However.....
    I have a USB wall charger (Nexxtech adapter that the USB SYNC cable plugs into) and it charges just fine. So I am wondering, why would it charge from the adapter but not from the PC? I have confirmed that the USB ports work using other devices.
  2. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

It seems that you're computer isn't recognizing your ipod. If you put it in DFU mode it should recognize it.
  3. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62950
    According to the above link, to manually enter DFU, it says to plug it in. Listen for the connect/disconnect sounds. Since it won't connect, there are no sounds. So I did the Home/Power buttons. The red slider came up. I continued to hold both buttons. It shut off. NOW IT WILL NOT RESTART!!!! aagghh
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    After several minutes of playing with the buttons (Mostly out of pure dread and desperation) it finally booted back up... Scary...

So why would it charge with the wall charger, but NOT charge from the USB? So if Windows doesn't see it, it still won't charge?