Sycing Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by leedslad87, Jan 12, 2008.

1. leedslad87

leedslad87 New Member

Hi All,

Please Register or Log in to view images

, im new to forum and i have a problem hopefully someone can help me with.

I recently jailbroke my ipod to version 1.1.2 using jailbreakme.com and it worked fine. Only problem is i cannot sync my ipod anymore. I have heard it is possible to sync music and videos etc to the ipod again without having to jail and jailbreak it over and over again but i don't know how. I have searched the forums but struggled to find an answer, can someone please help?
    Thx

Is it possible the method i used to jailbreak my ipod caused the sync function not to work anymore? If so which method is best?
  2. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

first of all, i think u jailbroke version 1.1.1, since jailbreakme.com can only work for that and it doesnt jailbreak 1.1.2

can u tell us wat happens after u press sync, (what is the error message), try checking "Manually Manage music and Videos" and dragging and dropping ur media file from the music and video folder to the ipod section on the left

hope this helps
  3. leedslad87

leedslad87 New Member

Thx for the help. Erm i forgot to mention i went back to version 1.1.1 before i jailbroke the device. It didnt even recognise my device to drag and drop, i eventually got this error messege
    (0xE8000001)

I looked around forum for this error and couldn't find a solution so i have looked elsewhere and found a solution that worked for the iphone which is this;

"I have had similar problems...what's worked for ME is going to Activity Monitor and force quiting iTunes Helper, then replug in the iPhone/USB, then restart iTunes."

I DID NOT DISCOVER THIS. I tried it for my ipod touch and it worked perfectly. It found my device and i was able to try the drag drop method which you kindly mentioned and it worked perfectly. Again thx

Please Register or Log in to view images

By way i have NOW kept my device at v1.1.1 since there is no reason for me to update to 1.1.2 if anyone tries this method