"Swype" for iPhone please?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by imranh101, Sep 7, 2010.

1. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hey guys. My friend is begging me to find him "Swype" for iPhone. Now I think I understand what it is and all.
    And there is an app apparantly where you can type in your message with "Swype", but then you have to copy and paste that message into your text/Safari/whatever....
    So my question is, is there an actual Swype keyboard type thing for the iPhone? He has a 4G Jailbroken, not sure the FW but I'm guessing 4G can only be 4.1?
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It's called "ShapeWriter" or "Shape Writer" (forgot which one). Search it on the iTunes App Store. Use the free version, I think there's also a paid version too. I remember using it, but then ended up going back to the ol' keyboard. It's a good app though. Worth a try too.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. mrtntv2

mrtntv2 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i just know about the app.... if you could tell me what the name of it is thT wouod rock! i use to have a long timr ago... im not sure if there is one in cydia.

edit: NVMMM
  4. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yeah tinyman thats what it was, but you have to copy and paste everything which is just a waste anyway.... we need an actual jailbreak app
  5. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    It's ShapeWriter, but its a standalone app, not a full iOS keyboard.

And the iPhone 4 can only either be a 4.0 or 4.0.1. 4.0.2 isn't jailbreakable and 4.1 isn't out ATM.
  6. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Ah. Sorry I haven't been up on the entire OS4 business for reasons I cant explain, and I know about shapewriter as I said in the last post, im wondering if anything is done like that for an actual keyboard... thats my question.
  7. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    There currently isn't anything available besides ShapeWriter. It probably won't come either, ShapeWriter is licensed and people trying to reproduce it can get sued.
  8. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    well isnt shapewriter trying to reproduce Swype? Swype makers should sue them in that case.
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hmmm.... I looked like a million times and still can't find it!? What am I doing wrong?=o