SWOD when updating Cydia

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by marko, Aug 15, 2008.

1. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    just did the 2.0.1 winpwn, worked no problem. set partition to 550MB as recommended. JB went fine but then when i open Cydia it tells me to update. when i do it downloads something then gives me the SWOD. anyone else see this (i searched and there was a thread but no solution)
  2. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    try reboot? otherwise see if you can ssh in and delete cydia app then in terminal use the apt-get command to try and get it back
  3. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    While hooked up to iTunes/Computer, reboot the iPod a couple times - it may take a while but like on the second or third attempt it should finally boot onto the springboard. You'll heard the iPod make the sync connection sound as many as four times the first reboot around.
  4. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i can reboot no problem. but i ccant install anything from cydia. just tried to dl openssh and same thing. halfway through i get SWOD

any ideas?

iisnt 550MB big enough for the partition? thats what the bigboss guide said to use. what do i do?
  5. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Sounds like either Cydia didn't install itself correctly or has a permissions error from the jailbreak phase. I'd say try Blaze_Blaster's suggestion and if that fails, make a new Pwned firmware through expert mode and try again.
  6. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    it hung about the first 3 times i tried to update stuff, and needed to be rebooted. but after those 3 times it seems ok now