SWOD strikes again

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by redjoker5, Aug 20, 2008.

1. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

Aight here is the thing. I was prepping the ipod for an ipranks full backup and I noticed it said that customize and SUMMERBOARD needed to be disabled. well I used customize 2.0b5 to disable summerboard but i think i disabled SPRINGBOARD instead or something kuz halfway during the backup process, my ipod restarted itself and now its stuck on the apple logo for a long time and then i get taht spinning wheel thing and it doesnt stop until the ipod just restarts itself again and away we go with the swod again.

Please dont tell me the obvious like put my ipod in recovery, blah blah blah. Ive been doing that for 2 days now. Ive searched in this forum endlessly. ive seen people with similar problems, tried what they did and still nothing. I ssh'd into the ipod and deleted the customize app and the library folder of the app (customize2) but its still being stupid

I was considering just restoring to 1.1.4 then upgrading to 2.0 but i have A LOT of songs on my islsk import list and i dont want to lose all those so is there a way i can get this ipod working again. please help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. errrick

errrick Active Member

I bet you can still SSH into the iPod while at the stuck apple logo. You can use that to backup your data.
  3. ubunix

ubunix Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yea ssh will save you
  4. redjoker5

redjoker5 Banned

yeah i tried that. but the ipod restarts itself after a few mins of the swod so the ssh connection drops. but its ok i did what i had told myself i wouldnt lol i took the plunge and i upgraded to 2.0

BEST THING I EVER DID!

true i dont have apps i really used to like like iSlsk and Categories. but the appstore rocks. and most of the apps i had in 1.1.2 have counterparts available ion the appstore

so im a happy man lol. now im thinking of going to 2.0.1 but im not sure if the changes are taht big to make me go up
  5. specialsyco

specialsyco New Member

change the applications folder name in var/mobile it worked for me