SWOD for no apparent reason

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by deadlyvirus, Jun 11, 2008.

1. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The last few things i did were try to install the new skrewcommon, which failed, and downloaded the new customize beta. I turned Freeboard on and immediately off, all those popups scared me. So i just kept going, all was well. I then turned my ipod off for the night, but remembered i needed to save a bookmark on safari and it wnet to swod. WTF, why? i have 62 apps currently installed and full SSH. HELP PLEASE!!
  2. eraserhead

eraserhead New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you can still SSH in try deleting the last apps you installed. One of them may be causing the SWOD. Once gone you have them deleted from your ipod reboot. If this doesn't work you will have to restore.
  3. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    dammit, is there a way to make the winpwn automatically install stuff?
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Welcome to the World of Jailbreaking.

Hope you enjoy your stay

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh, yes, this is my favorite part. Getting everyting back to how it was. OK, the last time i had to restore was about 3 months ago. I have to back up the aplication folder, the mobile library folder and what else. Also, is there a way to automaticaly make the folder links, like the link for the root library to the mobile one and others like that?
    EDIT: I deleted all of my apps out of the Applications folder and it sprang to life, and when i put them all back in, SWOD. I am deleting all my apps one by one to find the problem.
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

It's the Customize... der.
  7. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yea, the freeboard is in beta or alpha, so its expected
  8. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    the problem is freeboard disables summerboard which allows you to have up to 80 something apps on your springboard. So if you delete or move the apps from applications then uninstal or disabe freeboard. Then move the apps back all is good. Easy fix.

I was going to start a thread. But its been posted in a few and should be fixed soon anyway.
  9. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There's a much easier fix--just wait until your ipod is pretty much on (just before the spinning wheel), then log in via SSH/SFTP. Then go to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons, and open com.apple.SpringBoard.plist. Then, remove these lines from the code:

Code:
    <dict>
    	<key>DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES</key>
            <string>/Library/Frameworks/FreeBoard.framework/FreeBoard.dylib</string>
    </dict>
    Then enter this command over SSH:

Code:
    launchctl load com.apple.SpringBoard.plist
    Then your iPod will either load the SpringBoard or reboot. Both are fine--just wait for it to happen, and you'll be set. Also, be sure NOT to turn on FreeBoard, because it causes SpringBoard to not load.

Hope this helps!
  10. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, kids, i have noo idea whats wrong with it. The Springboard.plist is fine, Customize is gone, i have 20 apps installed and nothing. Time to pwn it!