switching to another computer

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by cybohemia, Sep 2, 2009.

1. cybohemia

cybohemia New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My computer crashed and I've had to continue developing on a friend's computer. I installed XCode and moved over the source I backed up but I'm running into some problems with the Provisioning Profiles.

I had downloaded the AWD certificate as well as my private and public keys to Keychain Access. I then downloaded my existing provisioning profiles and dragged them into the Organizer but I'm seeing little yellow triangles with !'s inside.

I remember having a bear of a time getting things to work the first time but I thought I finally got everything figured out. Am I missing something - has anyone had to migrate to other computers and had problems? Thanks for any help!
  2. snoopy14

snoopy14 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    By this u mean? like getting ur stuff back from an ipod? or u have uninstalled or missing drives on comp? Details ^^
  3. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    He's developing

and for your question I have no idea
  4. snoopy14

snoopy14 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ooooh! lol ok srry then no help there!
  5. cybohemia

cybohemia New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I also tried the Development Provisioning Assistant but it didn't fix things: I still get the yellow warning signs next to my provisioning profiles in XCode's Organizer. I did notice something unrelated but curious, though: the expiration dates on the profiles I created expired in November 2009 although my original profiles, created almost 8 months ago, don't expire until 2010. Weird...
  6. cocotutch

cocotutch Community Development Team Staff Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Ah, the reincarnation of my terrible errors.

I personally hate the way Apple set up Codesign and the whole Developing jazz, but anyway here goes:

Reject certificates on the Portal, Go back into Keychain and request them all again after deleting the existing Public/Private Keysets.

Leave Provisioning Profiles, just edit them to contain your Device after requesting/approving your new certs.

Download new certificates. Install them. Relaunch Xcode. Build and Go.

It should be working for you after that, I bought a new Mac, and tried to use the same profiles/certs. Eh' needless to say I can only develop on one computer now....

Please Register or Log in to view images

It's a PAIN, I know. You'll have to do this again when your own Computer is back online. Make sure you delete your info from your friends Mac before you start again on your own.

cocotutch