Switching my iTunes account to a new computer?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by CocaCola, Feb 18, 2010.

1. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Here's the deal.
    I have hundreds of dollars worth of iTunes songs on my old, crappy computer (I legally buy music).

I want to somehow get those iTunes songs, apps, videos, etc over to my new computer (with a new hard drive).

What is the easiest way to do this?
  2. iTat1000

iTat1000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just copy the itunes folder in my music (or music in mac os x ) to a external hdd and copy that into your music folder on your new computer

simple as! hope this helps
  3. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    what he said haha! yeah. on a pc. go to my music > itunes > itunes music then copy the folder into an external drive. then drag this into itunes. on a mac go to users > *your account* > Music > itunes > itunes music and drag it into the new itunes
    and done!
  4. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What about all that authorize account stuff?

Around 10% of my music isn't DRM free ... will it still transfer?
  5. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I would like to know this too since my current HDD is almost full (and running very slow) so I wanted to buy an external one to use with my current computer (and free some space on it).

What I'm wondering is if all the album artwork and lyrics that put a s**tload of time to put on (I have something like 40 Go of music, all legally uploaded from my CDs) will stay on if I move them to an external HDD.

Also does the iTunes music folder contain all the videos and applications too? (Because I have a lot of apps too)

Sorry CocaCola for hijacking your thread but I didn't want to start another one on a similar subject.
  6. iTat1000

iTat1000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You get to autherize with up to 5 computers Coca Cola
    And DemonIced yes it does contain all the videos...on newer installs of iTunes its in one folder called itunes media but on a install where you've upgraded to a newer version of itunes it will just all be in the itunes folder but under different folder names..(when you find them its pretty self explanitory what is where

Please Register or Log in to view images

) hope this helps guys
  7. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just copy the files with a External HDD like said above. If you can't you can "Authorize" up to 5 computers.... and all the stuff you bought can be downloaded to all 5 "Authorized" computers.

No worries.

Please Register or Log in to view images