Switching from Touch to Iphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yankeeland, Jan 8, 2008.

1. yankeeland

yankeeland New Member

I really like the Touch but a want the internet, I don't use this Ipod for music or movies only because it doesn't have enough space. My music library don't even fit let alone the movie files

Please Register or Log in to view images

, I have 2 other Ipods for that. I've been bless with a very understanding wife

. If you're in my shoes would you make the switch? I won't have a problem returning the Touch and it cost the same as the Iphone.
  2. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

I swapped three weeks ago. I had originally never intended to have an iPhone but, now that I have it, it's great. I really enjoy it.
  3. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

The touch will do internent so long as you're with the range of a wifi hotspot. In my town there is no ATT cell service so iPhones don't work here. I can access my entire music collection off my home PC by using tversity on the PC and simply entering the PC's IP address in the safar browser. I'd suggest adding a wireless router to your home network connection and you'll find the Touch is as entertaining as the iPhone without the monthy fee. Of course if you need a cell phone and don't already have one, the iPhone is probably what you should have gotten in the first place. I use the safari browser more often than I listen to the music off my touch, simply because there is a broader array of great entertainment available on the web.
  4. Eragon

Eragon New Member

I think you will find a number of posters who never thought they would have an iPhone, but have since got one anyway. There wasn't any question what I wanted. The device cost is comparable. The cellular cost, however, is a different story. I wasn't going to be happy until I got the iPhone.

Santa knew it.

My wife knew it.

Now, Steve Jobs knows it.

5. trevor0701

trevor0701 New Member

i never thought i would want an iphone, but after being surprised with the touch at christmas, i really wish i could make calls on it too, lol. ill wait for the iphone v2...
  6. dmac

dmac New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Going to get an Iphone as soon as they are available here in Ireland. Dont want to buy a pre-jailbroken one which are available here, but can be a bit costly.
  7. orion2020

orion2020 New Member

Im the same. I didn't have any choice since they are not available in canada on my provider. I could switch to Rogers but I work for my cell provider and I get 50% off my cell bill so I REALLY don't want to switch.

Damn Apple, come out with a CDMA iphone already

8. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I just bought an iPhone after playing with my iPot for a month or so.

Only reason I didn't buy the iPhone was because I am on a contract with Verizon (no SIM cards) and I didn't feel like paying that much money to get out of it.

I wouldn't have wanted an iPhone without first getting the iPot and seeing how cool it was to play with, now I think I have an iPot for sale

9. RompaRoom

RompaRoom New Member

Does anyone know if Cingular has service for the iPhone? Or is it at&t only
  10. tipii

tipii New Member

AT&T bought cingular so its now AT&T. so the iphone is on at&t (formerly cingular)