SwitchEasy Thumbtack Micro Mic

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ta11on, May 1, 2009.

1. ta11on

ta11on New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just ordered a Thumbtack microphone along with the NeoTouch case from switcheasy.com.

I did not know that it disabled speaker output and was wondering if anyone knows if you can use a splitter to use the mic with headphones?

Even better, does anyone know if a hack is in the process to allow speaker output while the mic is plugged in? I know the Skype app allows you to output audio through the speaker even while the mic is plugged in, so I know it's possible. My 2G is jailbroken.
  2. shoaxthabeast

shoaxthabeast Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you could by apples headphones with the mic on them. they are just like the ones that comes with your ipod except the mic that is on the wire and the mic is pretty small though.
  3. BMatt

BMatt New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    AH-HEM!
    Too late.
  4. shoaxthabeast

shoaxthabeast Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i know

Please Register or Log in to view images

but it was just to tell him that he could have a simpler solution
  5. ta11on

ta11on New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes it is too late, but I really didn't want to dish out 30+ for the apple ones. Plus the mic quality is far better on this one. Only costs about $13 +$3 S&H.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Coasterboi

Coasterboi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I too, would like to know if it's possible to keep my external speaker enabled while my Thumbtack is plugged in. I just ordered mine and received it and was disappointed to find out it disabled my external speaker. While I do own the in-ear headphones (with mic) from Apple, I also wanted a way to have a mic for when I don't want to deal with headphones.
  7. Germany

Germany Banned

I am not sure if there is some sort of hack lined up. It's unlikely, but still a possibility. I have used this product myself, and it works wonders in Skype. The quality is great and allowing the audio to run while you are talking is definitely nice. I really don't see the use of listening to the audio while you are recording a message or something on that order. Again, it works great with Skype.
  8. marcovth

marcovth New Member

I am a bit scared that if the speakers were working, the microphone would be too close to the speakers ... sh*tty noises, echo's ?

Anyway ... can we ask the seller if they can make a version where the metal rings for the two audio connections are made of plastic ?
  9. dualBang

dualBang New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm, can you use Bluetooth headphones (in 3.0) with this plugged in?
  10. marcovth

marcovth New Member