Switcheasy RebelTouch Downside

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by CRSharff, Mar 17, 2009.

1. CRSharff

CRSharff New Member

I purchased the Switcheasy RebelTouch due to popular demand on these forums about three months ago. I can say that the hype is not unjustified, the case is awesome. The only minor downside I noticed before my major downside is that the lip on the bottom is kinda sketchy.

I have been using this case for three months now and have been loving it. It is durable, aesthetically pleasing and feels good in the hands. It was only until I jailbroke my ipod and bought a iGPS360 from Orange Gadgets that the I came to notice a major flaw in the case. After recieving the small GPS unit from Orange Gadgets I attempted to plug the unit in to my dock connector. Unfortunately I found that I was unable to due to the case surrounding the dock connector being too thick and not alowing the gps unit to completely be inserted into the dock connector.

It didn't cause me to take my case off, instead I decided to take a razorblade to the surrounding area to give clearance to the unit. In the end my custom razorblade hack job did the trick but with some unsatisfactory results. Due to the annoying lip on the bottom front of the case that I mentioned earlier, the lip pushes the gps unit down and thus creating the appearance of the gps unit plugged in all crooked. Although it works the gps unit looks like its taking stress from the lip pressing on it and now my case has the remnants of the razorblade hack job that I took to it.

So moral of the story is that if your contemplating this case and going to end up buying a dock connector dongle of any sort (Im sure itrips and etc also have this problem) I would advise against this case.

PS: I am contemplating the DLO Soft Shell case since it leaves the bottom somewhat open and the case is overall thinner.
  2. Protocol7

Protocol7 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I too have the RebelTouch and my problem lies in the sleep/wake button. White I had done their provided fix and everything, I had trouble pressing the button, so I just cut off the button's protector and covered the hole with electrical tape.

The result? A sleep/wake button that I can press and a still sexy RebelTouch.
  3. CRSharff

CRSharff New Member

Hmm that is strange, although I have heard of that problem my case has no issue using the sleep/wake button.

Love the case just wish I could fit my gps unit in.