Switcheasy Rebel Touch

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Jan 20, 2009.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So, i've read posts and some questions of mine weren't answered. First off, does it keep all lint, dust and debris out of the case so the ipod doesn't get scratched? I have that problem with my Belkin Silicone skin right now. Also, how does it hold up to wear and tear? Are the screen protectors good? I like how they're fit to the screen and go all the way around the home button. Is it easy to install or can you mess it up? Any downsides? Good? Bad? Thanks in advance.
  2. Lah~Lah

Lah~Lah New Member

I have no idea whether lint, dust and debris get into the case but it does fit quite tightly.
    It is also a VERY durable case. It isn't made of normal silicon, it has more like a rubbery texture if you know what i mean.

About the screen protectors, they are decent. Probably the best "screen-protectors-which-come-with-the-case*, if you know what i mean xD. To tell you the truth, they are really good *~*. It's pretty easy to install, as long as you don't get dust or other unwanted particles trapped on between the screen protector and the screen. I suggest applying the screen protector after a steamed up bathroom, as the steam will remove most of the unwanted particles.
  3. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Anyone else?
  4. Tylertut

Tylertut New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i agree with every thing Lah~Lah says
    but it thin parts on the rubber casing can tear kinda easy if your not careful installing
    but other than that its a great case and i would recommended it
  5. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So how should I install it so it doesn't rip and goes on correct? Are the directions dead on?
  6. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    As long as you're conscious about what you're doing, you probably won't rip the case

Please Register or Log in to view images

You can tell if you're stretching it too much.
    Just stretch it out enough to have the iPod just fit into it.
    I had no problems whatsoever installing the case.
  7. Tannerstouch

Tannerstouch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Theres no lint scratches or anything on my iPod now. I put my rebel on my iPod touch the day i got it, and my iPod still looks like new.

The screen protectors are pretty good imo, especially for free. I got mine spot on the first time, took a little bit to get the air bubbles out but it looks great now. The only tough part about the screen protector is the hard plastic spine that comes up over the rubber, might cause the screen protector to peel up.

When the Rebel is on your iPod, it takes alot more pressure to press the sleep/wake button. A big difference if you've used the iPod naked, or with a case that has the sleep/wake button exposed. This isn't a big deal for me though.

Another thing is that if you regularly need to take the iPod out of the case, to use an X- stand or something similar it is a pain. It does come with a dock adapter which I use, and it works great.

One complaint that lots of people have is that the black silicone is a little weak, and might have saggy bottoms, under the home button. My black silicone case is fine (i have the skeleton case). But my brother has the Devil case, and his silicone was horrible, It got very squished when applying the hard spine.. But switcheasy replaced it with almost no questions.

Overall I love the case and highly recommend it to anyone.. If you want to be totally safe then you might want to stay away from the black cases, or you might get lucky like I did.
  8. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have a belkin silicone case right now, i like it but i want more protection. I was looking at the arctic one or the bluish one. I like them both. Does the black mixture really have probs?
  9. Lah~Lah

Lah~Lah New Member

You might want the NeoTouch...it offers so much protection, yet it is still so slim. However, if you have fat fingers, don't get it...because you'll never install it lol..i heard its a pain to install by other people
  10. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't care so much for the protection as much as stuff getting behind the case and scratching the back. I'm careful with it. And i'm confident that the rebel can take a fall once in a while if it ever does fall. I don't so much like the look of the neo. I don't mind slim, i actually would probably like it a little thicker as i have large hands. I feel like when i play a game that you need to flick your wrist or something im going to lose my touch.