Switcheasy rebel touch case for ipod touch 2g

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by et94, Apr 28, 2009.

1. et94

et94 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    guys reading these forums i have noticed people saying that there case is pushing there buttons in and defecting them? but then i read this other forum and they said that switcheasy has changed the design so it wouldnt do it again but is it true when i buy it direct from switcheasy themselves will the product defect my ipod touch 2g because i really dont wanna wreck it this is my most expensive thing as well as the psp 3000 (im only 14 and i buy these by saving my lunch money for 2 months so please dont say im poor and stuff)

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks
  2. 02krayzie24

02krayzie24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I got my rebel touch last week and it still pushes the button. So im not sure if switcheasy just recently changed the design because the one i got still looks exactly like other rebel cases. it did push down on my sleep/wake button a lot. switcheasy gives you a note with the package saying a lot of people experienced this problem so what they say to you is to pull down the rubber/silicone part where the sleep/wake button is at and that should solve your problem. it did for mine, for a while. then it just messed it up more. so what i did was i just used an exacto knife and cut out the top part off of the rubber/silicone for the sleep/wake button and now there's no problem with it and i can easily press those buttons. i was going to do the same thing for the volume rockers, but i put the case on pretty good and the volume rockers and responsive so until they become unresponsive, i wont cut a hole for those yet.
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The rockers should be fine. It's just the power button that needs to be cut.
    The NeoTouch has none of those problems though.
  4. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well don't think people will think your poor, i can relate to you, and well i don't know if switcheasy has released a new version you could try calling them or sending an email. But switcheasy has a rep for A+ customer service and when your button gets pushed in tell them and they wont only switch the silicone part but the whole case. So try it out but maybe wait a little as well see some other cases.
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would just cut out the power button. Just make sure you don't cut too much.