SwitchEasy Rebel and Neo Reviews / Comparisions!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by jawang26, Mar 12, 2010.

1. jawang26

jawang26 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey everyone so I noticed that the majority of users on here recommend switcheasy cases and wanted to do a small review / comparison of Rebel and Neo (two of the more popular ones).

When it comes to what case you should get you should really ask yourself what you need it for and go on from there.....shock absorption, grip, size / thickness, style and most importantly value.

Rebel Touch:
    I've had this case for about 3 months now and have to say it's my favorite out of all my cases (Ideal case gel case, Agent 18 hard case, Gf's Ideal Case demon case, SE Neo Touch). I have to say as far as uses this fits what I'm looking for the most:

Shock absorption:10/10, I havent dropped it yet but I'd feel pretty safe dropping it 5-7 ft (normal use not off stairs or anything) compared to silicone cases I definitely feel as if this gives better drop protection.

Grip: 9/10 , size and weight feels good in my hand , texture of the skin gives a excellent grip, so far haven't had to worry about it slipping or anything from my hands.

Size: 8/10, at first I thought this case was pretty thick but you eventually got used to it and now like the size, its not too thick to the point where it becomes annoying but thicker then all the other cases I have (but then again that's where drop protection comes in).

Style: 8/10, I like the way it looks but seen other cases which I like the way they look more(have the white color which doesnt get dirty after awhile still is very white)this is totally opinion based so I'll just leave it at that.

Value: 8/10, I think I bought this for around 28 on the SE website which I think is expensive for a case but that's different for everyone. I like all the extras it came with and the quality, it'd be a 9-10 if it was 20-22.

Overall: 9/10 would def buy again!

Neo Touch: After seeing the quality of the Rebel from SE I decided to get the Neo to try it out , I really liked the style of the case and the protection it seemed to offer.

Shock absorption: 8/10, I'm not sure how accurate this is considering I havent dropped it yet but the silicone membrane is extremely thin and I assume its for initial impact absorption, the H brace and spine offer a bit more but I would be a little worried if I dropped it during normal use (5-7ft). Oh yea if anyone has dropped theirs with a case please respond and let us know how it turned out!

Size: 10/10 the case is very thin for the amount of protection it offers, it doesnt add very much thickness at all and I would consider this a "thin" case. If your looking for a case that offers the best protection without adding too much size I would highly recommend the Neo over any other case.

Style; 10/10 , I love the way this case looks period.

Grip: 6/10, this is personal opinion but I dont like the smoothness of the plastic H brace, the plastic increases the chances of an accidental drop, would have preferred the texture of the I brace instead which has a nice feel to it.

Value: 11/10 I was able to get this off ebay used (2 weeks) for 17 total so it was a steal it came in original packaging and looked like new so it had a high value for me. This again is different for everyone 33 maybe be a lot or a little depending on who you are.

Overall: 8/10 Only gripe would be the grip, and maybe slightly thicker silicone membrane to offer more drop protection.

Also the they've improved the new models of the Neo, installation is a lot easier and I've had no problems getting it on easily, also back I brace fits on much tighter now although still moves a very little (I wouldnt have notice had I not tested it out).

Overall I prefer the Rebel over the Neo, because of the drop protection and grip (other categories are personal preference).

Hope this helps!
  2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    *cough* *cough* CandyShell *cough* *cough*
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    decent review. Some photos would have been a great addition.
  4. jawang26

jawang26 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I thought the canyshell looked really nice, I just have worry about strictly hard cases, not sure how much drop protection it would give since there's nothing cushioning the impact (except for the hard shell).

Didnt post pics since there's an abundance of pics and reviews of these cases online (youtube has a ton).
  5. KickinWing

KickinWing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There is something to cushion the impact, just as much as the rebel in fact, I would say at least. Candyshells have rubber lining on the inside.