Switcheasy Neotouch vs Incase Slider

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by markb_linfieldfc, Apr 24, 2009.

1. markb_linfieldfc

markb_linfieldfc New Member

im after something that looks well and protects the back of my 2nd gen i pod i love the look of the incase but one question is, does it scratch your ipod at the back?? also can you have a screen protector on it whilst having the incase???

if so its the neotouch for me then!

had my ipod a week now and its still not out of the packaging as i dont want to scrap the back of the touch! so many reviews to go through

Please Register or Log in to view images

and ive finally narrowed it down to them two cases!

thanks

mark....
  2. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

neotouch.
    comes with 2 screen protectors and some other stuff. the packins alone are worth the money.
    i hear the silicone is a bit ehhh but the case itself is really great and the customer service is amazing so if the silicone goes ehhh on you then you can speak to a awesome switcheasy representative.

the incase looks very nice as well. it is a close call between these two, but the neotouch is nicer. incase is wayyyy too simple. neotouch is simple but elegant and is really pretty to look at.
    also, someone recently posted that the incase scratched his back, so think about that.
  3. tlxxxsracer

tlxxxsracer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the neo touch case. Its a great looking case and protects your ipod to the max! Although you MUST have patience to get the case on, if not then get the slider. I also have noticed with my neo case that the silicone rubber tears easily. The first time i tried putting the H-frame on it tore a corner of the rubber. And its done the same with a second rubber sleeve of mine. The Neo is an excellent case and in addition you get extra goodies which makes the $30 well worth it

I got the white one, because to me it just looks so much sleeker and more modern. I dont know why but it looked cooler. I now wish I had gotten the black, because the white I-frame piece is now an off white color. Although, almost on every review i've seen/read the black silicone sleave didnt fit right and had alot of extra flab to it. This is from oils off your hands, dirt from desks and other stuff. And worst of all.. you cant get it off. Ive tried 409 and other cleaning products (not bleach cause ive heard it makes the plastic brittle).
    I was looking at getting the slider, because it does look very nice and it was cheaper. I heard the same thing miera said that it scratched the back. Also that the slider's case is very easy to scratch, because it is just pure plastic and after a while it may not look so nice. Whereas the neo has the different textured plastic for the I-brace which is hard to scratch. The H-frame gets scratched but theyre hard to see because its clear (for the white). I dropped mine on a tennis court and the stratches are very hard to find

Another note.. if you plan on getting the Invisible shield whole ipod covering, neither will fit in the case with the full covering. If you just get the front screen protector then itll fit. But the neo comes with 2 screen protectors, which I've heard are excellent

Well sorry this was so long, but a case is important especially one that you want to look good and you'll enjoy having.
    Hope this helps
  4. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

if you have a fuyll body cover you can't put them on. They are both to tight
  5. tlxxxsracer

tlxxxsracer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    right. thats what I said... Because both these cases are like form fitting, with no room
  6. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

ya form fitting cases will only allow a screen protector on the front. oh and btw nice description. i bet it will help the dude.
  7. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have a Neo for my iPhone and it works with InvisibleShield on the phone. I like the case a lot. I have never had any issues with tearing, and it doesn't take me but a minute or two to put the case on. I got it for $25 so it was way more worth it than the Slider anyway.
  8. tlxxxsracer

tlxxxsracer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks.

Well maybe it took me longer because Im very ehh about stuff and a perfectionist. And also i was worried of breaking it the first time, so i wanted to be extra careful. Its also great to have the dock plug,to keep dust and other stuff out when its in your pocket or something. The only small problem I've also experienced with the neo is that the H-frame and I-clip doent necessarily fit snug and exact. So the I-clip moves slightly when i hold it and makes a creak noise. Im not sure if mines defective or what, and its hard to take pictures of to show Switcheasy what Im talking about..

But yes, their customer service is top notch!

which makes it all the more worth while
  9. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well both cases are really good in back protection but sometimes you cant only look at the back when considering which case to get. Sometimes you have to think a step ahead, like what if i drop my ipod how will it be protected, now this brings me to my point. Although the incase slider is stylish it wont really protect in drop protection, drops may occur rarely (depending on how you treat you stuff) but the fact is the drops are still there and when you drop it the incase won't protect the ipod and may even crack. However the neo will protect due to how its made but it still has its downsides such as getting dirty, the thin silicone ripping and the very edge of the H-Frame where the plastic is sorta joined cracking. But the switcheasy customer service is really good and dont only replace one part but send you a whole new case.

Also switcheasy packs in eveything you need to get started such as two screen protectors and a lot more. And the neo is about $10 cheaper as well. Incase on the other hand is more expensive than the neo and has no pack ins, not even one screen protertor.

So personally i would choose the neo but its up to you.
  10. markb_linfieldfc

markb_linfieldfc New Member

thanks to everyone thats replied! i ended up going to my local apple store and picking up the incase slider, £25 it cost me and it looks so cool! one question, can i have a screen protector on with it??

thanks mark...