Switcheasy Colors or Incase Slider?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by MotionSense, Dec 24, 2009.

1. MotionSense

MotionSense New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello, I need to get a new case, and I can't decide whether to get the Switcheasy Colors or the Incase Slider. The Incase Slider is kind of expensive, but I've saw many good reviews about it.

I might take the case on and off a bit, to clean the back so is that a problem for these cases?
  2. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

colors wont scratch when taking off, but attracts lint and slider apparently leaves deep scratches after the rubber wears off
  3. MotionSense

MotionSense New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So would I need to clean the Incase Slider regularly to stop it from scratching?
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  5. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

No, it's the fact the rubber rails on the inside gradually wear away the more they get abraded by the back of the iPod that does it.

Kiks52: That's only good for keeping the back from getting scratched, for which an Incipio Feather or a Power Support Air Jacket would do just as well. If he wants any sort of impact protection or better grip, he'd be better off with the Colors.
  6. MotionSense

MotionSense New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So even if I clean it on a daily basis the case would still scratch the iPod?
  7. Korea

Korea Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you do happen to get a ZAGG invisiSHIELD I suggest you go get it installed by Best Buy. Or else I will almost guarantee that you will mess up!
  8. MotionSense

MotionSense New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  9. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

It would scratch it faster, as the rubber rails on the INSIDE of the case would get worn away more quickly every time you opened it up and slid it off to clean it. It's the friction of the rubber (which is soft and easily worn away) against the metal back which causes the rails to rub off... leaving the plastic edge of the rails which used to hold the rubber to 'scratch' the iPod.

You'd be better off with a SwitchEasy Colors in such a situation, especially as it only leaves the area around the screen uncovered, if you're worried about crap getting inside the case to scratch it; all the buttons are covered by soft silicone, and it comes with a dock connector plug, with only the small hole around the earphone area exposed. The Incase Slider has the volume switch, the power plug, and the whole bottom half of the iPod around the Dock Connector and the earphone jack exposed, and stuff can slip into those holes pretty easily. With the Colors, you shouldn't have to clean the back often, if at all.
  10. MotionSense

MotionSense New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay. Thanks! I might order it.