SwitchEasy CapsuleRebel Review

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by TheConqueror, Aug 22, 2008.

1. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Hey guys i decided to port my review to this site from iphonefanatics, for all the iphone users on this site. Anyway here we go

SwitchEasy CapsuleRebel Arctic Review!

Anyway Lets start off this review, and this is going to be a long read so if you dont have time, dont read.

Legend

CR = CapsuleRebel
    SE = SwitchEasy
    CRA = CapsuleRebel Arctic

Summary
    Now Lets start off this review. Well basically i bought this case around two weeks ago, and unfortunately my case got delayed in being shipped, SO SE kindly gave me priority shipping (one day shipping) and during that one day they gave me a FedEx tracking number so i could track where my SE CR is. Finally a FedEx truck pulled over AT MY DOORSTEP and delivered my package. It was packed in a HUGE envelope, i could probably fit even my laptop into it like in the macbook air commercial. In the envelope i found a really small simple packaging wrapped all over in bubble wrap, which i of course started popping until it was all gone, you know the natural thing to do. Anyway In the bubble wrap casing was a small box with the dock connector and video stand, and in the actual case were THREE screen protectors (SE accidentally put 3 instead of two, lucky me). Anyway I failed applying all 3 screen protectors, believe me these ones are impossible to do, get a different one.

Anyway On with the actuall case. The CR is made from a two piece design, one is what they call "rubber" and the other is a hard piece of flexible plastic. Now i am not sure if this is only with the arctic version of CR, but the so called "rubber" is actually what feels like plastic. Its kind of a marshmellowy feeling, if you have the Griffin Wave case it feels the same. So basically you put on the "rubber" part and then pop in every single piece of the spine. The spine makes a nice pop when you get it into place, and after you are done just go down the perimeter of it to make sure everything is secure. Now if you are the kind of person who takes off their case a lot this is not for you.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Buttons/Ports

The SE CRA cradles each and every single button. Basically every button has a cover on it. The silent ringer switch is open and easy to access, and the volume up/down button are covered with the a plastic mold, which actually actually makes it slightly more sensitive i think. So is the Sleep/wake button.

The bad thing about it though is that the headphone jack is hard framed, so if you have a pair of headphones that are L shaped, you are screwed, although straight headphone plugs (like apple headphones) fit easily.

The bottom is open and gives access to speaker/microphone and the dock. Another kind of problem i noticed is that the sleep/wake button, since it is covered by plastic feels like it is REALLY hard to press, but actually you just lightly need to press it and it works, really evades all my sense, it looks hard to press, it feels hard to press because of the plastic spine, but its easy to press? some things just amaze me.

Looks
    The SE CRA does not look anything like what i expected. At first i was really sad, it looked REALLY bad, but then i washed it and it turns out it was just kind of dusty i guess, and now i love it. The only see through part is the spine, and the "rubber" part is not completely transparent, although you can see some black. It really looks amazing, when pics will be up you will se for yourself! 8.5/10

Protection
    The Protection on this case ROCKS. I mean i really like it, it just feels like hard plastic but it really protects well. I mean i am literaly like knocking on my phone and it doesnt look like it is taking any damage at all. As well the supply you with a nice little thing you put into your dock to make sure lint etc does not get in. 9/10

Design
    The Design on the SE CRA is amazing, If i am wearing jeans or anything, it is easy to take out and will NOT collect lint! Also it looks really cool, because of the transparent spine when you look at the corner of the screen it looks silverish (because of the chrome reflecting in the spine. It is slightly bulky but i dont really notice it. 10/10

Price
    At a price of only 30$ (with shipping) this case is great! its probably the best case i have used, and also one of the cheapest. As well it comes with a really GREAT microfiber cloth, i just love my cloth, as well as 2X screen protectors (but they are impossible to put on), A dock connector suited to fit the case, a dock connector protector to protect the dock from getting any lint etc, and a video viewing stand. Pretty good for 30$, am i right? Of course 10/10

What you should know before buying

Ok before buying this case there are a few things you should know and watch out for

1) there are reports of the CR showing the bezel at the bottom, because it is sagging down. Yes it is true but all pictures and reports of it are with the black capsulerebel , so if you are getting it in black keep in mind that this MIGHT happen to you (5-10% chance)

2) The CapsuleRebel Arctic has two "Injection Points" on the back, meaning it has these two bumps on the back of it (on the silicone, but it is covered by the hardshell), they are pretty noticeable but you can easily live with

3) The screen protectors are near impossible to apply, so dont count on it being perfect.

Tell me what you want to know i will add it to the review. Sorry for the bad pics, something is wrong with my cam.
  2. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

nice reveiw and case
  3. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Great Review( too bad i dont have an iPhone

oh well lol, but you gotta giv it to switceasy to make nice cases( im using their CapsuleTouch)
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    dude i was looking at this and i seriously might get this because of this review!! thanks

5. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    great review, but i'd rather get one with a solid back, im not into the back design thing. I think the griffin iclear is for me. Right now i have ipod socks and a silicone case
  6. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

thanks guys for all the great comments, keep em coming

*EDIT*
    Another part added about what you should know before you buy
  7. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Add pics of the front? thanks