Switcheasy capsule, yet another persons review

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Drt1s, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Drt1s

Drt1s New Member

So I just got my capsule in the mail today and thought I'd contribute my feelings on the case. Purchased the case direct from switcheasy. I also own a nano capsule.

Externally, this case meets all my expectations. Matte black finish, feels firm and secure. Everything fits tightly and there is little to no wobble of my touch inside. Maybe a little too tight for installation, more to come below.

Where I feel there could be improvements is in the front "accented protective" guard and the back protector. When attached the front protector has a little bit of play and seems to accumulate a whole lot of scratches. I also experienced the "wet" look in certain places where the front piece came in contact with the touch itself. Sensitivity wasn't bad at all. About equivalent to having the original apple guard piece on.

The back protector is actually not too bad. Covering almost the entire back. Where I had problems was inserting the touch into the case with the back protector on. it's VERY tight. So tight that in putting the ipod into the front half of the case the back protector got all scruntched up, wrinkled and ripped. Possibly my fault, but still a very tight fit. In addition the back piece of the case that is attached to the front piece snapped off of the front. Now this might sound like a problem but in the end I like this new development better then the original design. I now have a case that in essence three parts and allows much easier entry of the ipod into the case. For those who have one this will make more sense. Putting the ipod into the case now involved laying the front piece on a solid surface, placing the ipod face down into that, attaching the lower quarter piece that used to be attached to the front piece in (all tabs are still undamaged so I'm not sure where/if this piece actually broke or if it is intended to be detachable), and then slide the larger back piece in. Very nice.

So i give it an 7 or an 8 out of 10. Nice but could use a few tweaks. After about an hour or two with the case I decided the front accent piece just wasn't for me so I ran to the nearest apple store and picked up a set of power support crystal films. I now have my touch covered with the crystal films, front and back, and that is encased in the capsule. This equals my IDEAL case. Total cost is a little more than 10% of the total cost for the touch. Might be too much for some people but not too much for me. hope this helps anyone on the bubble of getting this case.
  2. bang_roc

bang_roc New Member

yea man-same here. my back screen protector got scrunched up when i tried to insert my ipod. but imma order another back screen protector soon lol.
  3. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the review. I've been wondering whether or not to purchase this case for a while.
  4. cghco420

cghco420 New Member

Thanks so much for the review. I'd been looking for a review of this case by someone who actually owned it. Looks like i'll be buying this one.
  5. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have a question, How long did it take switcheasy to ship your case. and how long did it take for you to get it?

Because I ordered mine yesterday and I was wondering how long Im gonna have to wait.
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

I got mine in 3 days - actually, I ordered one and then cancelled it because they had it on amazon and I had a gift card, and they confirmed the cancel. but they sent it anyway, and it still arrived in 3 days! same time as my other one.

its a good thing too, because I accidentally spilled cranberry juice on a little bit of my ipod and the case/screen protector got all stick (case saved my ipod! goo switcheasy!)
  7. Shady IIV

Shady IIV New Member

Hey

Please Register or Log in to view images

Can somebody tell me how to get rid of the "bubbles" on the front?
    Not really bubbles, - I mean the protector is hard, but somehow there are smudges..

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. cryptsucks

cryptsucks Banned

seriously y did u bump this
  9. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    to ask his question...does it matter to you?