sweet idea for a wifi itouch paddle

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by craigallen5463, Aug 25, 2009.

1. craigallen5463

craigallen5463 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont know if this is possible but i think that theres probably someone who may be able to do this. there are a bunch of emulators that you can use on you itouch and there fun but there not the same as the real thing with you wouldnt expect it to be but if there was a way to have the emulator on a laptop and just use the itouch as a wifi paddle that has alot of patential to be really cool! just an idea but if this could be done it would be awesome i think. i got the idea from an SNES emulator that the paddles right on the screen like a real paddle only the screens real small and hard to controlle. just something to think about.
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Honestly, I'm not able to understand what you're trying to say due to the terrible use (or should I say lack?) of punctuation.

What games used a paddle?
  3. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You mean using the iPod like a Wii remote (with the built in accelerometer) ?

For a SNES game ?? ...
  4. craigallen5463

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry about the puntuation, I was in a rush. I just made this account to get my idea out. Let me explain better now that i have more time. Say you install a super nintendo(SNES) or sega emulator on to your laptop or desktop, There fun to play; however, there not the same because you dont have the controller. on the other hand, itouch has a SNES emulator that is basically the controller with the game viewed in the middle of the screen behind the button. Here the controller is alot better but the screen is way to small. Now, if you were to combined the best of the two by having the screen size from the laptop and the detailed controller of the itouch using a wifi or bluetooth connection, i think that would be a pretty amazing thing. Of course, this is just an idea and i wouldnt know exactly how to go about doing this, but im thinking with all the things thing done with itouches so far, and how your able to make it work as a keyboard and mouse, you wouldn't think it's that out of the qustion. So really im just looking for some feedback on the idea and maybe someone who could make it work.

About the wii controller, that what im thinking only starting off with a more basic controller just to see if it can be done, then working up from there.
  5. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Oh, I see what you're saying now.

I do recall an application on the App Store that makes your device into a Wi-Fi controller.

But that was a while ago, I have no idea what the name of it was.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. craigallen5463

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh i thought i was being original, ha. Well if anyone knows the name of that app or know anyone or anything about making software of that sort feel free to post.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Thanks for the infomation i would of never looked i didnt think they had such a thing yet. Its called wifi pad and i think it will work go i suggest people to try it. More info on it...

http://technabob.com/blog/2009/06/12/wifipad-turns-your-iphone-into-a-wireless-game-controller/