Sweat damaging Itouch while working out

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xythil, Oct 6, 2009.

1. xythil

xythil New Member

Hey i just bought a belkin armband for my itouch 2g. It is awsome and makes lifting/jogging so much easier. My problem however is that I am worried my sweat will damage the device. Is this a problem? An issue?

It is made out of neoprine and is in no way soaked when I am done. Mostly a thin line of sweat on the outside of the armband but the device itslef is only warm/moist a big.

However just today I discovered what I believe to be a dead pixel and I am affraid I will destroy my device.

Any one?
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Any kind of moisture will disrupt the iPod..
    Try not to get any in it.
  3. Makaveli96

Makaveli96 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    True.
  4. xythil

xythil New Member

i see people working out with ipods all the time how is it possible to avoid a little moisture ??

and how much damage can it cause?!??!
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

alot of damage!!!

I just got home from the gym and I am a sweater!! Guess what... itouch wont do anything!!!! It started by not letting me turn the music off after exercise, then it completely shut off!! I am debating on letting it dry out a few days or calling apple to complain???
  6. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have a 3GS that I always have in my armband case. I am always working with my hands and do not trust my phone in my pocket. The Belkin armbands are really nice, they work great. I have worked myself into a sweat many, many times and never had my phone gotten wet or damp for that matter.
  7. Muzt4nG

Muzt4nG New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    HAHAHA reminds me of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkXlriABfOo

The normal procedure is to let your phone dry on the sun but IDK if that works or has any bad consequence on your iPod, You can't complain with Apple but there is a chance you could complain with the guys who sold you the armband... Anyhow, good luck