SwapTunes won't install!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by gadgetsboyj, Feb 5, 2008.

1. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

Help! I used to have Jailbroken 1.1.3 with SwapTunes working perfectly. I had to start over and used iPod Touch Master's Jailbreak. I go to install SwapTunes from Installer but it says it requires 1.1.2 to work. Is it safe to change SystemVersion.plist to say 1.1.2, install SwapTunes, and change it back? I seriiously NEED SwapTunes! I have half my music on one Computer anf half on another. I have at least 2058 songs on ONLY ONE of my computers. Was there an older version of SwapTunes when I jailbroke using Nate True's method when it first came out? PLEASE HELP ME!!!
  2. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

Anybody?

I SERIOUSLY need this.
  3. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

Anybody?

Seriously!
  4. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There is a reason that message comes up. Use your damn brain.
  5. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

I know

Ok. I'm not stupid. I know I have firmware 1.1.3. Is there any way to bypass this. I changed the SystemVersion.plist to say 1.1.2, installed SwapTunes, and changed it back to 1.1.3. It doesn't work because of the new location of the Media Folder. Anybody know what I can do?
  6. tcupp

tcupp New Member

I thought that I did see this as a compatible app in 1.1.3 somewhere on the forum. I wonder if it is available through another source or something.

I would like to use this app also in 1.1.3.
  7. gadgetsboyj

gadgetsboyj Banned

I know

It was stated to be compatible because at the time of Nate True's Jailbreak, it worked. That was because the mobile folder was just directed to the Media folder under private/var/Media. The other jailbreaks actually have seperate folders. If we can get the person who made it, we could have them make 2 seperate versions. One for 1.1.2 to swap the iTunes_Control folder in root's Meida, and one for 1.1.3 to swap the iTunes_Control folder in mobile's Media. I found an alternative for now. Go on your computer, SSH into iPod, browse to private/var/mobile/Media and create a folder called iTunes_Control_2. Copy everything from iTunes_Control into it. Now to swap make sure you have MobileFinder on your iPod and simply swap the names of the folders. Reboot or Respring. (Can be easily done using SMBPrefs or SysInfo)To switch back, do the oppisite. Note that it WILL ask to Erase&Sync the first time you do this. Say yes but remember to switch it before syncing with your other computer!