Swaptunes problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sk8killer, Dec 12, 2007.

1. sk8killer

sk8killer New Member

Just wanted to give you a heads up on the app Swaptunes... if you try running the program not connected to the computer it will delete all your songs and videos.

maybe its just me...
    but can sumone test this and see if it happens to you?
  2. moon ra

moon ra New Member

Delete ?

Are you sure it didn't simply swap to an empty library ?
    Coz swapping libraries is precisely the point, right ?
    ...provided you have at least two libraries.
  3. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yea i believe your correct you can find your itunes_control and a 2 on one of the folders in that folder is your music.
  4. sk8killer

sk8killer New Member

no wen you just run the program not connected via usb... it will delete all your music and videos
  5. moon ra

moon ra New Member

??
    I have it installed, i have 2 libraries. When not connected via usb (or whenEVER), i run it and it does what it's intended to do : it swaps libraries. It works perfectly. I can watch my videos of my second itunes library... I swap back, and enjoy whatever's on my 1st itunes library.

I'm not saying there is no problem with your swaptunes.app but I'm not sure you get what it's for.
    It works just as if you had 2 ipods, that you sync to different playlists (or even the same ones, but that would be silly).

Of course, the first time you run it, the ipod will appear empty, and itunes will see it as a new ipod : then sync this (virtually) new ipod to whatever playlists you want and voila. You'll have 2 ipods in one.
  6. mattydub

mattydub New Member

this is incorrect and you shouldn't be posting false info. I know for a fact it works, my buddy did it just the other day, not connected to a computer. Hit the swap tunes button again, and it "swaps" back...
  7. sk8killer

sk8killer New Member

im not posting false info...i actually put this in the wrong section... someone plz move this to technical...
    im having problems with my swaptunes....
    lol i had 5 diff tabs open in firefox and thats how i posted in the wrong section if your wondering
  8. sk8killer

sk8killer New Member

im sorry if i caused any confusion...but i guesss i was using the program wrong...now i know how to work it.. lol srry
  9. nelsink

nelsink New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i tested it... if u run the app it changes the library to a new but did'nt delet anything.. if u run it again it returns to the firts library.. u have to run it withoue connect to the pc...
  10. scottthebum

scottthebum New Member

Hey moon Ra, swaptunes swaps both music AND videos?