Swapping iPods

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thekillercrab, Jan 6, 2009.

1. thekillercrab

thekillercrab New Member

I got my iPod Touch first generation about 11 months ago. I like it very much and I'm quite satisfied with it. When the second generation iPod Touch was released I thought it was quite good. The problem is, I sort of want to trade my iPod at an Apple Shop to get a second generation one..... There might be a problem cos I have jailbroken my iPod a few times. Apparently this voids the warranty which could be a problem :/ I don't have enough money to buy another one, so would it be possible for me to sell my iPod for a decent price or get it replaced with a 2G?
  2. iPod Touch Seb

iPod Touch Seb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You would probably have to sell it for a good price. If you do trade it in on the Apple Store, BEWARE, there's a log file I have found, jailbreak.log which has details of the jailbreak. If apple find that, they might not want to trade. Plus you've voided your warranty.
  3. xDMONEY814x

xDMONEY814x New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just restore your iPod. All evidence of jailbreaking will be gone.
  4. thekillercrab

thekillercrab New Member

:/

So there is hope.. Two questions though. 1. Will an Apple shop trade a first gen iPod or will I have to microwave it or drive a car over it to make it seem broken? 2. If they believe me, will I have to pay the difference between the first gen's price and the second's?
  5. milkman

milkman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    apple doesnt want your ipod that is out of warranty, if its broken and its not a defect(ex. its crushed) they wont cover it. Also you have no warranty all the 1g haave passed their warranty
  6. iPod Touch Seb

iPod Touch Seb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    An expert friend of mine ses there's absolutely no way to swap them apart from selling. And i agree with milkman.
  7. thekillercrab

thekillercrab New Member

So.. Now there's a 5/100 chance of me getting a new iPod... I checked my iPod's box. The "Quick Start Guide" was in there and the "Health and Safety with iPod Touch" crap.. and the different languages etc. and... NO WARRANTY.

I think there originally was a warranty with the iPod in there.. I might of foolishly put it in the bin... But the point is that I'm screwed.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. 04jtb

04jtb New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Mine runs out at the end of may :/
  9. bunker1990

bunker1990 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think the warranty is activated when you activate the ipod through Itunes, there's no paperwork, they just use your product number
  10. Easy.B-4597

Easy.B-4597 Member

lmao cheap bastard >_> XD but nice idea i would go with the car idea the microwave might cause a fire XD and dont ask me how i know lol