Swapmode or Safemode??

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Naveen121, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, everyone! I just have quick question about my iPod Touch. I have noticed that when ever I play really high quality games, such as Call of Duty: Zombies and MySims3, they keep crashing randomly. So I searched through Google and found that some people were using a Cydia application called Swapmode. This application, when enabled, turns off all mobile substrate add-ons. So it's like you just newly jailbroke your device. This kinda reminded me of Safemode that you can access from your SBSettings. I have also heard that Swapmode may cause problems when you disable it, but not all of your mobile substrate add-ons turn back on. So I was wondering what your thoughts were regarding this situation. Should I use Swapmode or Safemode while playing really high quality games that keep crashing on my normal Springboard mode?? Thanks!
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i think youv missed out some information... wenever i play <games>. so i searched...

something missing----------------------------------------------------HERE^HERE-------
  3. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i think swapmode is probably better built for your situation
  4. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    ive had troubble with it :-/ like i had to reboot becasue my iphone froze, but its a neat concept (and at the time i was on 3.1.2 havent tryed on 4.0b yet)
  5. Naveen121

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh, yeah... My bad. It's supposed to read: "I have noticed that when ever I play really high quality games, such as Call of Duty: Zombies or MySims3, they keep crashing randomly."

And thanks for all of your replies. Keep em coming, I want to see what everyone thinks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh no!! I think I screwed my iPod up. I went to Cydia and installed Swapmode. Then I opened it up and turned game mode ON. Then I used SBSettings to reboot my device. Then it turned off and began to reboot. It got to the apple logo, but that's it. It got stuck there. I force shut-off and tried it again, but it didn't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?? PLEASE HELP!!
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Nice. This happened to me about 4 days ago.

1. Make sure iPod is off
    2. Hold Home button
    3. Plug it in (wait until Recovery mode screen comes up, iTunes should open automatically)
    4. Restore through iTunes
    5. Re jailbreak with Spirit.
  7. Naveen121

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hhhhmm... Yeah, I'm gonna have to restore. I use an SSH client called iFunBox and last night when I plugged my iPod into the computer, I was able to look into its files. So I guess I'll just write down the names of my AppStore Applications and look for an installation log in the Cydia application. Then I'll just re-download everything. It's a pain and will take a while, but it's do-able.
  8. stuff2music

stuff2music Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Swapmode is better when it works without issues, if you don't want to take the risk use safemode.
  9. Naveen121

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, I'm already restored and rejailbroken. I had synced my iPod Touch to my computer (which I do once a week) a couple of days before I screwed up. I also had PKG Back-Up. So it took about 15 minutes, and I got my iPod to be just like it was before I screwed it up. Now, I'm definitely gonna stick with Safemode.
  10. sam_rock

sam_rock Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    i have my own solution to a gameplaying mode, i created a scripted app called GameMode which turns off all the MobileSubstrate add-ons which equals to SafeMode without grey background n time on status bear instead of EXIT SAFE MODE! i distributed it n many loved it

Please Register or Log in to view images

ya SwapMode is risky, i had a problem with it once - my iPod got stuck on bootlogo. i used USB SSH n removed some JB LaunchDemons n edited a few n my iPod booted well again. then i removed SwapMode n never installed it again. now my GameMode.app runs exactly like SwapMode without the fear xD