Swap settings application

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Lemures, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Lemures

Lemures New Member

When I'm at school/work, I prefer a more "professional" look to my ipod, and with specific applications on the screen (such as notes, mail, calendar, etc). However, when I'm at home or hanging out, I want a different theme, and I want other applications showing (psx4all, etc).

Would anybody else use an application where you could save and load "presets"? What this would do is save your current settings (icons, location, theme, etc), and load them later. In practice, you could essentially run the loader, and touch "home" to load certain settings, then when you go to work, run it and touch "work" and it would load other settings.

What do you guys think? I know that I would use it for myself, and I'll probably start working on it, but I see no reason to make it pretty or even finish it if no one else will use it.
  2. inatightspot

inatightspot New Member

Be a man, care about what you think not what anyone else thinks. Is that clear?
  3. Lemures

Lemures New Member

lol. Think of it this way: I will spend a total of, say, 5 hours of my life switching themes/settings. Or I could spend, say, 10 hours writing a program. Its not worth it for me to do it. However, if a lot of people use it, I would end up saving a LOT more time than I put into making the program, thus making the program worth writing. So, it DOES matter what people think when it comes to this

Please Register or Log in to view images