Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Survey Shows Apple Could Win Big with Windows 8

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by News Bot, Nov 15, 2012.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. iBeans

iBeans Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Very very very doubtful. The amount of Windows manufacturers is huge compared to just Apple, who only make a select few of their own computers.
  3. KA122509

KA122509 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Or you can try to build a hackintosh, I installed mountain lion on my Lenovo laptop, works perfectly with full graphics acceleration, wifi and audio. I'm also dualbooting it with windows 7, so I get the best of both worlds
  4. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    People don't even consider macs because a PC is a much better value
    TOT_tomdora and DanieeelXD like this.
  5. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Oh boy, looks like some more brilliant reporting from the iFans team again:

Ah, no. Nice manipulation there. The survey said that only 16% of the people who completed the survey on Avast, would buy a new PC. And of that, 1/3 would buy an Apple Product. So you are really looking at .0528% of the people who completed the survey, would buy an Apple Product. Since 0.16*0.333=0.0528. Well done there manipulating it.
  6. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
  7. Jr2009

Jr2009 New Member

i think apple would lose alot if the go windows unless they keep it the way it is now and juess add some windows stuff to it but other than that nopee i dont like that idea
  8. wesh

wesh Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I myself have always been a pc dude.
    But gotta tell ya, I'm considering the new iMac for my next computer.
    iBeans likes this.
  9. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

apparently 15% of 350,00 people who took a stupid poll is 1/3 of the market? lol. we don't even know in what manner this poll was given. let's be real we've all taken surveys before and most of us just bs or fill whatever. imo, most surveys are bs. also this number pertains to 16% of the people out of 350k who want to pc new computers, so this number is very small. and again, the validity of this survey is in question so whatever numbers the give is irrelevant anyway.

most surveys are just used as marketing tools to sell products, i wouldn't trust them. most of them are not even scientific.

but windows 8 does suck. i was even desperate enough to contemplate getting a mac for my next comp, but then i realize i still can just trusty windows xp on it, along with ubuntu.
  10. kurt178

kurt178 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Keep dreaming... “about one-third of Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP users who are ready to buy a new personal computer say they intend to switch to an Apple product.”

Key words "an Apple product" so vague. not an apple computer, but an apple product. so its not "insane, wow, amazing"...an ipad is not a computer. windows 8 and wp8 will take over eventually. with next to no innovation from apples end they wont last top dog (or second place in the phone market as samsung is on top)
    iBeans likes this.