Supreme Preferences Not Working?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ConorPFC94, May 17, 2009.

1. ConorPFC94

ConorPFC94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    After I Downloaded Supreme Preferences:

I went onto the Normal settings on the Home Screen, Whilst it was loading a screen pic came up saying 'Supreme Preferences for Iphone', Is there an Ipod Touch version of This?
    Or should it work?
    There is no section called supreme preferences.

Please Help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Erod434

Erod434 Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Yes there is an iPod touch version. Search for it in Cydia and see if it works.
  3. ConorPFC94

ConorPFC94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just downloaded it again and it said that it is the Ipod Touch Version..

It Still doesnt Work..

Is there any other apps like this one?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I have done it, turns out i downloaded the wrong vertion of Supreme Preferences.

Thanks alot for your help

4. Erod434

Erod434 Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    There is an itouch version (not iPod touch) in cydia try that.
  5. thespawn078

thespawn078 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, I had Supreme Preferences on my iTouch, and I went to upgrade it (because there was an update on it or something that I noticed on Cydia) and when I went to download that, it didn't work. I tried shutting down some apps to see if there was a conflict, but still nothing. I removed Supreme Preferences, but now it still won't let me put it back on my iTouch. I'm using 3.0 firmware (see edit below) and I was using the iPod Touch version (I read the title before downloading). Any help?

Edit: I used redsn0w 0.7.2 with the 3.0/7A341 firmware to jailbreak my iTouch (if that helps). I've also since then restored my iTouch with just the 3.0 firmware (mentioned above) and re-jailbroke my device using redsn0w (mentioned above) and still have been unsuccessful in re-installing Supreme Preferences.
  6. I have the same problem.

I installed Supreme Preferences for iTouch and it worked flawlessly. Then in Cydia in "Changes" an update showed up (v2.3). I tried updating, but Cydia gave me an "Important Note" that there was some kind of dependency or conflict which could not be solved instantly.

So I uninstalled the prior version and tried reinstalling the newest version: Same "Important Notice", so now neither update nor reinstall works anymore

I also got the impression that the uninstall did not undo all of the changes - the icon of my settings app is still the altered one from Supreme Settings

ANY HELP?!?

I consider this addon really handy, it would be nice to have it back soon. Is there any way to install Supreme Preferences manually?

Is it possible to manually copy the theme (I had it backed up) into winterboard's themes directory? Or would that mess up my iTouch 'cause of leaving out some essential tweak?

7. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

8. Yeah but what about reinstalling it manually via ssh? Would it work or would it mess up my iPod?