Supreme Preferences 3.0 issue

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jtsoup412, Aug 9, 2009.

1. jtsoup412

jtsoup412 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I didn't know if it was just a default setting or what, but every time I activate Supreme Preferences 3.0 in SBSettings, it does something so that I can't bring up the mini ipod control panel that usually springs up when you double click the home button. If this is a default setting, where do I go to change it? And if it's not, what's wrong?
  2. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can change it, just look around
  3. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You have to change it in the Mobile Substrate part.

I recommend to uninstall it. And to search next time.
  4. jtsoup412

jtsoup412 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why uninstall it? And I did search, but I couldn't find anything pertaining to this, exactly. Perhaps I just didn't search hard enough.
  5. iMaztrr

iMaztrr Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Actually if you go into settings>supreme prefs>mobile substrate>supreme substrate just enable supreme iPod prefs(probly got the name of this wrong.
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Supreme Preferences is the worst possible thing you could ever install onto your device. It has a very bad habit of ruining people's devices to the point where they need to be restored. The creator, iMario, is such a novice that he has no clue how to fix the problems (and barely has any motivation to fix them).

Also, do not download iHandy, which is essentially the same thing, also by iMario because he got sick of all of us telling him to either stop all work on SupremePreferences and close down the project or actually make it right.

iMario, despite our attempts, refuses to make Supreme Preferences the correct, and SAFE way.
  7. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The bugs Supreme caused weren't mine, they are someone else's. The options i made myself are very simple and bug free. They've been in Supreme since the 2.x version (and they are still in there; Hide Icon Labels, Icon Reveal, Icon Deletion/Rearranging).

I am not a very experienced coder like you for example, so how in the hell would i be able to fix the Dock Apps setting and stuff? That's why i removed the dylib and later on quitted the project. (since the creator of those settings didn't fixed the bugs)

And why do you not recommend iHandy? It's a very small mod, no MS extensions and works with PreferenceLoader (like everyone wanted).
  8. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When I tried 3.0 and changed the settings they never took effect and switched back

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Just uninstall it and never use it again.
  10. booze lee

booze lee New Member

i feel sorry for you man. you've been getting so much grief over this, and i think it's mostly unwarranted. when you install beta programs, you do so at your own risk. some people need to man up and accept the consequences of their own actions instead of b*tching at you about it.

other people have had no issues with supreme preferences. seems that SupremePreferences3.0_v1b8 was the magic version. it's been working flawlessly for me since it was released. i guess i should feel lucky about that, since it includes some features i can't find anywhere else, yet greatly desire (setting lockscreen time longer than 20 seconds comes to mind).