Super wierd cydia crash fix

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Screwed, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Screwed

Screwed Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    My cydia was crashing on startup, and i had no idea why. I tried everything, untill i came across a "emojiFlu" glitch, wich turns your keyboard sliders abbreviated under keyboards. I followed the steps and amazingly, it worked .I just want to post this methond incase this applies to you. All of this is credited to krak4211 of modmyi!

"Fix Cydia instant closing by re-enabling EMOJI!!!!!
    I know it sounds crazy but I have done this on my 3GS OS 3.1.2 and my friends 3GS!! After Cydia crashing on startup!! I've tried everything, mobile terminal, SSH, re-install Cydia with .deb file! Nothing worked except "RESTORE"!! You can identify if you have the "Emoji Flu" by looking at your "International Keyboards" if your sliders are abbreviated instead of full words(example: "jp" instead of "Japanese") you've caught the "Emoji Flu"! So here's the quick fix!! If you don't have an "Emoji" app already installed to get Emoji this trick doesn't pertain to you! Sorry!

1. Turn autocaps "ON"

2. Start your "Emoji" app and "re-enable" emoji!!!

3. Exit your "Emoji" app and "Reboot" your iPhone!

4. Go to keyboard setting and activate "Emoji" in "Japanese" keyboard!

5. Start up Cydia!!

Crazy I know but It worked for me and my friend after trying everything!!!!!! I found this myself and not on the net!!! Hope this works for you! Hit the "Thanks" if it works!"
  2. Bolt

Bolt New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hm that's weird. Good think I never installed Emoji.