Super Smash Bros. Melee Request

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by bugmenot1, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bugmenot1

bugmenot1 Banned

Hi, i know Super Smash Bros Brawl is coming out for the wii soon and what better way to celebrate then to put a Super Smash Bros. Melee game on the ipod touch. I mean sure the screen is going to be filled up with buttons but come on... who cares! And if the buttons are too much of a problem you can cut off the gamecube controller jack and solder the ipod connecting wire to the gamecube controller and voila no more fingers getting in your eye's way. If gba is possible and even playstation, gamecube is definitely no problem. Believe it!
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For your sake, I really hope this is a joke.
  3. stirpicus

stirpicus New Member

...wow, I really hope you're joking... there's seriously no chance of this ever happening.. the gamecube hardware is far too complicated for the touch to handle...
    and you can't just "solder on" an iPod connecting jack to a gamecube controller (or anything else for that matter).. even if you somehow through some miracle successfully managed to do that, the Touch would have nooo idea what to do with that input..

sorry to rain on your parade, this just isn't at all possible on the Touch...
  4. steeped

steeped New Member

The only way to get this would be to put a GameCube emulator on the Touch, but that is virtually impossible. The GameCube is too powerful and the Touch is much weaker. "Much" is an understatement. The Touch is EXTREMELY weaker. Too look at all possible emulators, go here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14629
  5. dmgmantis

dmgmantis New Member

ROFL, wow, i just pissed my pants.
  6. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Not all the pixie dust in the world would make that happen.

iPod touch is not capable of a functioning gamecube emulator... Even if you did it would be like at .000000002 FPS....
  7. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    A N64 isn't probably capable running on the touch!

You are stupid for even thinking that gamecube would run the iPod touch.

If you want Gamecube on the touch... then why dont you make a emulator, and make it run on the touch.
  8. steeped

steeped New Member

Why be so mean? He was already given his answer and a link provided for further information. There is no need for calling him stupid. Sometimes there is a time to talk and it wasn't your time.
  9. bugmenot1

bugmenot1 Banned

you guys are seriously underestimating the power of the ipod touch. I mean what did they say before louie armstrong first set foot on the moon or when thomas jefferson said he wanted to commercialize electric light bulbs? people thought they were crazy and let me tell you they all achieved the goals through hard work and perseverance. i am sure if nintendo partnered up with ipod touch they could make this possible and revolutionize music/gaming but that would probably be highly unlikely as nintendo has their hands full working on finalizing super smash bros brawl. anyway thats my 10 cents on what i think so feel free to discuss and make this possible!

P.S. psx4all is awesome keep it up and improve improve!
  10. x6blues

x6blues New Member

agreed do u no how much time u waste with these bullsh*t statements/b*tching. y is there a need for 8 people to call him an idiot, it was an honest question, god forbid he doesnt no as much about this sh*t as u do, im gettin so sick of this on the forum, thats all i see. u whine about not being able to find a good search becuz of idiotic questions but then there r these bs answers that waste more time. nice very nice

btw this post falls under the b*tching

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.