Super Sensitive Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Aprosamurai, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hahaha, I had a feeling this would happen.:/ I finally after three years of having my 1G got a new iPod for my birthday, and after initially opening it up and turning it on I noticed it had an extreme sensitivity towards touch, or in this case static electricity, which for the last two weeks(Got it on the 11th) has been elevating in I guess an exponential rate, and today when turn on my iPod I can literally hold my fingers/hand over the screen and the screen reacts to it and literally wigs out. No touch gestures work with it but having my hand over it causes all hell to break loose randomly scrolling clicking apps even to the extent that I went to put in my password and it put in random numbers when my hand wasn't even near it, but it was on a rug.

Has anybody else had this type of thing happen? (Last time I've personally seen this was when the 2G first came out, lol, never expected it to happen to me, but never expected to get a new iPod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  2. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Go to the Apple Store, and get a replacement.
  3. Aprosamurai

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Oh I am, I'm going on Saturday, I was only seeing if anybody else is having similiar problems with their 3G's.
  4. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    OMG you are turning into static shock! lol jk could we get a youtube vid? this is the first I have ever heard of this and would like to see it in action.
  5. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Never heard of this problem before... sounds like a short and you're best off getting it replaced.
  6. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Sounds like a hardware issue. Definitely get it replaced from the Apple Store.
  7. Aprosamurai

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I only recall seeing it happen to someone else once before but that was long ago. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89019

And I'm going to return it, either sometime Saturday or later on tonight, not sure just yet, it was purchased at Cosco so I have 90 days with it, but I'd rather not wait.
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, I would return it as soon as possible and get a replacement.
  9. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    is it jailbroken ( highly doubt it )
    if not, then return it, or show it off as a magic trick.....
  10. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Get a friend to try and see if the same thing happens. It quite possible that the iPod is fine and it's you that is mutating into some sort of heroes-esque super villain.

If you don't have a friend to try it, try shooting electricity from your palms at people...if it works then you're a winner!