Super Monkey Balls Kickback to Main Screen After 2.1 Upgrade

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by thedoktorisin, Sep 10, 2008.

1. thedoktorisin

thedoktorisin New Member

I have just updated to the new 2.1 firmware. All apps and games work well. The backup and sync work much much faster. The only issue is Super Monkey Balls. When I click it the title screen comes on and then it bounces me back to the apps main menu. I have rebooted the ipod so the apple logo comes up and done a hard boot using the cable. Doesn't help. I then deleted super monkey balls from the apps listing. Synced to remove from IPOD. Re-downloaded from store and re-installed. Synced with IPOD. Same problem. I then right clicked on the Super Monkey Balls App and went to the directory where the program is stored and removed three Monkey Balls .ipa files. Went through same remove from IPOD/ download reinstall process. No luck. Am at a loss. This is the only game which is not functioning. Ideas or next steps would be appreciated. Please do not suggest I should restore my IPOD. I have done that with the previous firmware at least 5 times.
    Working on a pc. IPOD touch 32 gb first generation. The IPOD is not jailbreaked.
  2. ToXiC

ToXiC Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    One question, did you have to pay for the 2.1 update?
  3. 101gfx

101gfx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol, its super monkey ball not super monkey balls
  4. thedoktorisin

thedoktorisin New Member

No. I didi not have to pay for the 2.1 update
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Thanks for the spelling correction
  5. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    COME ON... Apple clearly said they fixed this prob in the keynote X(
  6. thedoktorisin

thedoktorisin New Member

Obviously not. The firmware is 2.1. I did not pay for it but I did pay for the 2.02 firmware which Apple says allows me for a free download of 2.1. This was provided by Apple. The IPOD shows 2.1 as the firmware and I can not get Super Monkey Ball to load past the entry screen. Thanks for your interest.
  7. paischu

paischu New Member

Restore the iPod. I had to do that too.