Sup?? A quick question...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by TheSameNiggaFromGlenwood, Apr 17, 2009.

1. TheSameNiggaFromGlenwood

TheSameNiggaFromGlenwood New Member

id first like to take the opportunity to introduce myself to the forum on my first post..

to start off i jailbroke my ipod touch 2g about two weeks ago and have been doing alot of research about what apps to download and how the whole jailbreaking thing works.. (how to use cydia/installer etc..)

a quick question tho..
    I see that alot of people on these forums are posting their custom themes, lockscreens, battery screens and apps and all that in .zip format. After i have downloaded the zip file to my computer how do i get it on my ipod??

Please Register or Log in to view images

an explanation would be much appreciated and would allow me to pimp out my ipod even more.. thanks, and any other noob tips you could give me would b appreciated
  2. patrese

patrese New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    When you downloaded the zipfile to your computer you need to unpack (decompress) it using winzip or winrar (I understand you're on a pc)
    Then use winscp to copy the unzipped theme to your ipod into
    var/stash/Themes.XXXXX/
  3. Jibblejab

Jibblejab New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I will try and find the link to the guide for you.

Basicly use Cydia to download "OpenSSH" and on your computer install WinSCP. Basicly you use that you access all the files on your ipod. It sounds confusing but I quickly and easily got the hang of it
  4. mcpetrolhead

mcpetrolhead Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    As patrese said you must unzip the file with either winzip or winrar.
    To get them onto your ipod very easily download a program called diskaid (search on google). This program will allow you to browse the files and put files onto your ipod plus it is faster and MUCH MUCH les complicated to use than winSCP as it just needs you to plug your ipod in via USB.

Hope i helped.

By the way if you would like some cool things to do with your ipod like modding the system text and changing the names of the original apps goto THIS TUTORIAL (made by me).