summerboard wtf?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by MadRopes, Dec 19, 2007.

1. MadRopes

MadRopes New Member

Ok so I dont have a problem... I am just confused..

I just got my ipod touch yesterday, jailbroke it etc., installed some stuff... Now I was under the influence that to install summerboard you needed to do a bunch of BS with cuteFTP pro. All I did was go into the installer, install it, and bam, there it was, i could change my theme and download new ones on my ipod.

I am using jailbroken 1.1.2.

Why did people tell me I needed to SSH into my phone through cuteFTP? Is there something I should know?
  2. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

you were drunk while doing this?
  3. Gaming Warrior

Gaming Warrior New Member

I'm not 100% sure but i think that was befor the 3.0 release i could be wrong thou.
  4. MadRopes

MadRopes New Member

Yea I think. Sorry I meant to use the word impression. I guess I am just to used to writing police reports.

Not.

Anyways, does anyone know an answer to my question?
  5. wardak

wardak New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well from everything I read so far, it seems like just a old way of doing things before they created a nice auto installer for it. Like the whole jail break process used to involve so many steps now we just have to go to jailbreakme.com and it does it automagically! I think those guides are still around in the event we need to manually do something or we break something and need to manually fix it.