Summerboard wallpaper shows through

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by EnTg, Dec 3, 2007.

1. EnTg

EnTg New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm having a weird problem with Summerboard. Whenever there's a wallpaper, the wallpaper shows through the "stars/rating" part of the now playing screen (when the album is "flipped" over)! It looks really ugly and has made me stop using wallpapers. Anyone else with this issue?
  2. phil9n

phil9n New Member

Hi,

I have noticed the same issue. But I have one more problem. When I flip to cover flow and back agin the Summerboard wallpaper every wallaper shines through the bottom where the controls are.

Haven't found out how to fix this, the only way is to use a black wallpaper.
  3. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

I have the same two issues posted above while using custom Summerboard themes and yea, it is really ugly. Does anyone know if there is any fix for this?
  4. EnTg

EnTg New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmm... mine doesn't have any problems with the controls, but i'm still surprised such a large glitch is still in summerboard (or is it summerboard? might just be how the iPod handles wallpapers)
  5. JohnLocke

JohnLocke New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have the same problem with the rating stars, so i tried to customize my music player to show a custom background picture behind the stars. Well it turned out that the ipod doesn't use the pictures i expected it to (there are some PNGs in the MobileMusicPlayer folder), so in the end i just deleted the image for the background of the album tracklist.
    now i can see my wallpaper on the main part of the music player which looks really good.

but has someone managed to replace the other images or found a way to display an image behind the rating stars? because i know that it's possible to change the background picture of the tracklist, so there must be a way!
  6. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen New Member

my guess would be that since the iPod touch was never ment to be jailbroken. The programs where this happens were ment to have a standard stock black backround behind it and not a picture of space or naked chicks. Does
    that make sense?
  7. EnTg

EnTg New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What's weird about this is that if you look REALLY closely at the background behind the stars, it has a fade in it (the top is darker than the bottom). The standard black background is obviously not faded, nor is the wallpaper (when it shows through). Also, the flipping animation shows a background that is faded, with or without the wallpaper. It seems that the wallpaper implementation overrides some display somewhere in the music app... but I'm not a programmer, so I have no idea why.
  8. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

can someone post a screen shot?
  9. Username1972

Username1972 New Member

hello!

hello!everyone ...
  10. JohnLocke

JohnLocke New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    @username: hello

@topic: Can't post a screenshot now, but in the MobileMusicApp Folder there are definetly some PNGs that have these kind of gradient and even the right size to fit in place of the stars background or the controls background. They are only one pixel wide, so I suppose the iPod / iPhone just displays this gradient image 320 times next to each other.
    Those Images are even named "gradient...something", so I'm quite certain that they are responsible for the fading effect. I tried to replace them with completely transparent ones but to no result, the Images didn't seem to change at all!

Another PNG in the MobileMusicApp Folder thta caught my attention was the Default_Background one (or something like this). I edited it with photoshop to display my name, but the eidted Image just shows up when the app is loading. When music is playing the background is normal again, and I have no clue why it does so or where those Images are really stored...