summerboard uh oh

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by uechan, Dec 3, 2007.

1. uechan

uechan New Member

Fun story:
    well i had to restore my touch yesterday. i turned it off and later turned it on and it freaked out, flashing like a strobe light. i think it involved the snapshot app because the two buttons were in the top left corner.

anyway i restored and got everything back. i put on summerboard and tried doing some themes but none applied. i forgot to reboot my ipod so it never took affect.

Actual problem:
    anyway, i realized that only after i tried uninstalling summerboard from installer. it gave me a main scrtip execution fail. so i can't uninstall it. however the icon disappeared so i can't even accesss summerboard and i can't uninstall it either. what can i do? i want summerboard! but it doesn't even show up in my apps folder using winscp. it only shows up in the uninstall part of installer and it wont let me uninstall...

any advice is greatly appreeciated. this place rocks

-stupid
  2. Fatfrank

Fatfrank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    unless someone comes up with something you may have to "force restore" your Ipod and start all over again
  3. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    First you should check whether you're able to install any application at all, or if the Installer itself got corrupted - which I doubt, but you never know with those little things...

Then you could try the MobileFinder app, and manually remove the files. The application should be under /Applications (File - Remove should work). The SummerBoard themes are under /var/root/Library but I don't think they would stop from reinstalling it.

Be careful with that, select the right file/directory before deleting!

There's something more tricky, the Installer keeps the installed files under /var/root/Library/Installer. Maybe you'll have to edit one of those files, to do that you will have to transfer the file to the PC (WinSCP/... do a search in the forums), translate it into text (plutil on Mac, this tool on PC), edit the file, and put it back.

Hopefully you won't need that last step

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have kind of the same problem- my apps wont show up in winscp (/>applications) and they will show up in mobile finder. Can someone help please?