Summerboard: Theme Icon Name Changer

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by caesar, Apr 28, 2008.

1. caesar

caesar New Member

Hey, hope you can understand and help me.

I've found a site. There was a *plist(think so) that could change my icons automatically(names)

I've got a German iPod and the most themes are english ones. So what the plist does is following: change names from for example clock.app to uhr.app...Anyone know what I mean!?!^^

Thank ya
  2. Boss Kamikaze

Boss Kamikaze New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no not really details plz :|
  3. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You need to edit the Info.plist file inside of the .app folder in /Applications. First you might need to convert the .plist file, for that, search for "plutil" or "renaming apps", I posted the file you will need if you are on a pc somewhere on here. I also explain how to do this in those threads. But I'll reiterate myself here...open up the .plist file and add the bottom right before the </dict> add

<key>UIRoleDisplayName</key>
    <string>Title</string>

where Title is replaced by whatever you want it to be. This has worked for me on every app I've used it with except safari...and i have renamed clock and calender so i know it works for some of the native apps.
  4. touching

touching New Member

Sonst kannst du auch einfach dein iPod in den Landeseinstellungen af English stellen. (Glaub ich aufjedenfall=) )