Summerboard question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by mooshoepork, Feb 6, 2008.

1. mooshoepork

mooshoepork New Member

Hey

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am new here so be nice! I have read these forums all day, and jailbroken my iPod Touch. This forum was a great resource. I just have one question though I couldn't seem to be able to find.

After downloading tonnes of apps and such, my display is really cluttered. I saw videos of people moving their icons around and placing them where they like. To do this, do I need to download Summerboard? If it matters I had a 1.1.3 iPod touch, which I downgraded to 1.1.1, and then jailbroke it. Do I need to upgrade? Is it worth upgrading?

Thanks for the help! and sorry for the noobish thread!

edit: One more thing, my weather channel says 73 degrees as an icon, but its actually 18 celsius. Any ideas?

edit: figured out how to manually do it with the customize app, but my question still stands.
  2. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Well, what Summerboard does is give you the option of ignoring the last row (so it moves those icons onto the next page), which makes things MUCH less cluttered. If you want to change the order of icons, you have to install Customize.

However, if you use the official dev team method to "upgrade" to a jailbroken 1.1.3, then once you have bought the January Upgrade you can reorder the icons yourself, and choose exactly how many you want on each page, as this feature is included in the Upgrade.

It's up to you if you want to upgrade to 1.1.3, you don't have to, but it does make things easier, and there are a number of other improvements as well.
  3. mooshoepork

mooshoepork New Member

Thanks for the reply. Seems 1.1.3 is still a bit buggy and some things don't work as of yet. I might go to 1.1.2 . Thanks for the help