Summerboard Prob....

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ckylesworld, Oct 14, 2007.

1. ckylesworld

ckylesworld New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I jailbroke my ipod using this method http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1626
    I then installed the iphone apps per ipodtouchmaster05's video
    I also used ipodtouchmaster05's video to install summerboard. I have quadruple checked all of my permissions and they are ALL to 755 and they are ALL in the right plases. However when the tutorial is done and I choose a theme and go back to home, nothing is diffrent (excep mabe the bottom doc icon, looks more silvery). WHAT IS WRONG!!!

I would appreciate someones input on this.

christy
  2. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    hmmm...try turning your ipod off then on again, and for some reason summerboard has a bug that when you go to the home page it wont show your background untill you open up an app.
  3. ckylesworld

ckylesworld New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks, but ive turned it off several times and went to diffrent apps and still nothing. The ONLY thing that I saw diffrent from when you did it was when I installed summerboard from install apps on ipod, after it said to turn off iphone bla bla I hit ok and did NOT turn it off, it went back to my menu. It also came up with that little circle thing in the middle of the screen (like the one right before it goes off when you turn it off) then it went to where I had to slide to unlock. I DID NOT TURN IT OFF. It went to this on its own then after I slid it to unlock, the SMBPrefs was on the screen. Does this make sence? could this be the problem and if so, how can I stop it from doing that after in install the app if that is the problem?
  4. ckylesworld

ckylesworld New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Since my dock and everything is still ok, how can I uninstall summerboard and start over WITHOUT restoring it. I DO NOT want to have to jailbrake it again. PLEASE HELP!!
  5. ckylesworld

ckylesworld New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    HELLO.......Is anyone out there?????????
  6. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It would be best to restore then jailbreak. Since you did not follow the instructions to a T, any further tweaking COULD result in brick, jailbreak doesn't take too long, and you've already done it just do it again.
  7. Will4042

Will4042 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I recommend taking his advice unless you want an iBrick

the new method takes 5 minutes

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Absolutely.