summerboard on an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mike666, Jan 8, 2008.

1. mike666

mike666 New Member

my friend has an iphone and he wants summerboard on it. my question is: is the process of putting summerboard on it the same as the ipod touch? and is jailbreaking the iphone the same as it is on the touch?

im not sure....thats why im posting. i have experience in jailbreaking the ipod touch 1.1.2 firmware.
  2. lilskaterpunk

lilskaterpunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes its the same as the process of iTouch, through the installer app. But remember, your iPhone needs to be activated and jailbreaked. Check this link http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=461 Very easy and works great. Once thats done, its the same to install summerboard and other apps just like u did on the iTouch

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. mike666

mike666 New Member

i am confused now....i read those steps and it looks like i have to deactivate the iphone, jailbreak it, and then reactivate it? won't all the contacts be lost if i do that?
  4. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    the steps to jailbreak the iphone is the same steps as the ipod but you just have to do the *307*# trick at firmware 1.1.1, so you can access jailbreakme.com then the rest is the same instructions as the ipod
  5. mike666

mike666 New Member

but his iphone is already activated. do i just go make a call and do the *307*# trick?
  6. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    jailbreak it