summerboard old installer problems

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by azz2811, Apr 30, 2008.

1. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    hey when I try to down load summerboard old it always says pakage download failed or error or something like that any ideas?
  2. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

yeah, same here.

anyways, this is what is happening to me now:

basically, i had to restore my girlfriends' ipod last night because it was f***ed. so i reverted back to 1.1.1. i then jailbreaked the device. after that, i opened installer. it asked for an update (why not?). so i updated. then i installed BSD Subsystem. next, i tried to install "Summerboard (Old)", and got the same error as you.

luckily, MY ipod isnt f***ed at all, and i have a copy of this version. so i copied all of the files over to my girlfriends ipod (i followed the "INSTALL" file to a T, copying all of the necessary files to their respective directories). permissions are set. so i opened SMBPrefs to change the theme. respringed the ipod. theme didnt change. i then remembered you have to reboot the ipod in order to "activate" summerboard. so i did that, but when it restarted, still no theme change and still "inactive" in SMBPrefs.

what am i missing here or am i really that retarded? i usually never ask for help here unless i really need it, so help a brother out.
  3. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

bump? theres got to be a solution to this.
  4. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

okay, 75 views and no response? youve got to be f***ing kidding me...
  5. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

6. barbyy

barbyy New Member