Summerboard Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pablo_ivan57, Dec 15, 2007.

1. pablo_ivan57

pablo_ivan57 New Member

Hi everyone, well I wanted to install Summerboard on my jailbroken 1.1.1 touch, well trough the installe.app it says that a 1.0.x firmware is needed, so I tried to install the 2.11 version trough ibrick, but the problem was that the touch default icons moved to the top of the screen.
    So i had to uninstall Summerboard, can you help me please to install summerboard on my ipod.
    Thanks...
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you should be able to install summerboard 3.0 though installer without any problems...
  3. pablo_ivan57

pablo_ivan57 New Member

Can't see New Summerboard on the installer.app

Well, thanks for your respose, but the problem is that I can't see a new version of Summerboard on installer.app, I can just find the old version that allows only to be installed on 1.0.x firmwares. I don't know if this is a problem of repositories...maybe..
    So if you can help me in this I would be very grateful.
    Thanks.
    PD: I can't access to any modmyifone.com page, is there an especial way to do it?.
  4. PCKid

PCKid New Member

I have the same problem only the old Summerboard. Where is the new one?
  5. PCKid

PCKid New Member

Which Source is it in? I've got most of the main ones. But it doesn't appear in the Installer app. As the other guy says only Summerboard(Old).
  6. Tetsujin

Tetsujin New Member

I have excactly the same Problem. I jailbrea my iPod touch yesterday (15.12.07) and everything works perfect but than I want to install SummerBoard and only the old one was there...please can someone help. THX
  7. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Probably a bug in the Installer, I got the same: saw it yesterday and today it's gone. I've checked and
    • It's still in their repository (so it wasn't taken down like the rumour says), you can easily check that with a wget -U "iPod" http://repository.apptapp.com command.
    • Somehow it's not copied in the local repository cache RemotePackages.plist (even if we make the Installer regenerate it).

Checking if there's a simple way to make that reappear...

Update: After a few tests, it's apparently a missing key in the repository description that makes the Installer ignore it. I have no idea whether it was on purpose or not. Adding this "solves" the issue:

<key>size</key>
    <string>714010</string>

But I'll wait until they change it or I receive a confirmation it's simply two missing lines and not a way to temporarily remove the application to fix something else (I emailed the author).
  8. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They fixed it, visible again.

Please Register or Log in to view images

And apparently the Dim Wallpaper behaves much better now, no more crashes. Nice.