summerboard HELP PLZ

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by chort27, Feb 10, 2008.

1. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    okay i have a 1.1.1 jailbroken ipod, and when i try to install either summerboard or summerboard (old) it says i need firmware 1.1.3. How can I get summerboard on my ipod for 1.1.1?
    ~Chort

EDIT: Okay, i restarted my ipod and managed to install SMB (old). But now whenever I choose a theme... it just won't show up. I choose the theme, restart my ipod, but it won't change from the default theme. help?
  2. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I figured it out, for those of you with the same problem as me, here's what I did:

HOW TO INSTALL SUMMERBOARD ONTO JAILBROKEN FIRMWARE 1.1.1 GUIDE BY CHORT
    1) Go into installer, install Summerboard (old)
    2) If you get an error message saying you need firmware 1.1.3, quit installer and completely restart your ipod by holding down the power button until it says "slide to power off".
    3) Hold down the power button to turn it back on
    4) Open Installer
    5) Find SummerBoard (Old) again.
    6) Install it (it should now work).
    7) Now open it up, and try using one of the default themes. You're ipod should go back to the slide to unlock screen.
    8) If the theme isn't showing up, completely restart your ipod (see step 2) and it should come up with your theme.
    9) Now you can install themes to your hearts content. You will not have to completely restart again to get it to work, you should be able to make themes work by just using the "slide to unlock" screen.
    10) Enjoy SummerBoard!
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I just want to clarify. The whole needing to reboot after you install Summberboard is to "activate" it. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of Summerboard it should say Summerboard 3.0 (Active)

*assuming you do in fact have 3.0.