SummerBoard/Customize

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by Mrusso1041, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Mrusso1041

Mrusso1041 New Member

Alright, so I know SummerBoard and Customize questions have been answered to death, but I've had no luck.

I just recently got my iPod, got installer and have done everything. I attempted to install SummerBoard and Customize, but none of the images show up. I changed the permissions by hand (chmod), I used the SummerBoard fix in the installer, but I have no luck.

When I try to change the SummerBoard theme, I press the home button after I choose the theme, my SpringBoard restarts, but the theme hasn't changed (none of the icons show up and the theme has gone back to 'Default' in SummerBoard)

And in Customize, I downloaded some images and I know for a fact that they are in the correct folders with the correct permissions but none show up.

I've done a complete restore with 1.1.4 at least 3 times in the past couple of days and have no sort of luck

Please help!! >_<
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Customize stuff should be in /private/var/root/Library/Customize
  3. chriscoyne

chriscoyne New Member

What a perdicament. I have an iPhone but I'm sure its much the same for the Touch. It seems like Customize won't work because Summerboard not installed correctly. Stay at current 1.1.4 install. Uninstall Summerboard and Customize. I'm not sure which versions you are trying to install. You are aware Customize 2.0 is available. I am still using Skylars Customize 1.2 (custom) 2 ..... I am near myself to tring the new Customize. But in any rate. You know in SMBprefs there is a switch to turn on the Theme Wallpaper. This may not be working for you in previous attemps. So we need to get Summerboard working first. So uninstall as I said. Now...go to www.iappcat.com this is a repository of repositories. Register. This site allows you to create your own repository list...instead of having lists of apps installer that you don't want. After picking out the Apps you want....go to settings and name your list. In list view you will see your source URL. Go to installer and add your URL to the sources.

So that how to do that. Amongst the apps to select the 1.1.4 Compatibility Patch and the SUID lib Fix. Of course have Summerboard and Customize. If you don't want the new Customize look for Customize 1.2 (custom) 2 .... Make sure you also have current BSD subsystem and OpenSSH.

Once you add your own list you may want to delete othe repositories or else you will see some doubling up of App names in Installer.

So....First install current BSD and OpenSSH and SUID Lib Fix.... Then 1.1.4 compatibility patch. (if you get download failures) Turn off Touch and restart it. Back to Installer. Install summerboard. Then turn off and restart. Go to SMBprefs and turn on the Theme Buttons. Turn off Touch then back on. In installer...refresh the Sources. Uninstall the 1.1.4 Compatibility Patch. Then install the patch again. Install Customize.

This should work. Hope it does for you. There seems to be a sequential way of adding Apps and Patches.

Plus previous Jailbreak methods you have used may have some leftovers not cleared out. You can use Ziphone command >ziphone D (capital D) to clear previous breaks first.

Chris
  4. Mrusso1041

Mrusso1041 New Member

5. castro.

castro. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

can you tell me where smb themes go?

(i have a repo theme site and i think i put the wrong location)

Danny's Themes

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    SUmmerboard go in /private/var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes

If you did the SMB Link/Permissions you may have a folder in /private/var/root/Library that is linked to that one. But put them in the first directory I mentioned. You may need to change the permissions.