Summerboard and Hp calculators=download package failed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jazz2, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Jazz2

Jazz2 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    As shown in the subject, whenever i tried to insatll summerboard 3.0 from apptapp or summerboard 3.0b from bigboss source and Hp calculators from the tinyurl.com/2b32sn, i get the error messge of " package download failed" after the progress bar is full but the end of the bar seemed to exceed. What to do? I searched the forums, ppl are having this problem but nobody replys to them. My wifi is very stable and reinstall my installer 3.0b8. Other apps can be installed except for these, btw, problem exist before i updated to 1.1.2. Thanx
  2. jaydenation

jaydenation New Member

i'm having the same problem too.. i tired uninstalling everything, including community resources and reinstalling bsd and installer.. and it worked for the first time... the 2nd time i restored my ipod touch, tried the same method, but it couldnt work..

any help on summerboard error? (package download failed)

p/s: yeah, the progress bar seemed to have exceeded out of the "frame"
  3. sobakawa

sobakawa New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi, yeah i have the same problem too with summer board. Not only that, I seem to be unable to install mobile mail as the download progress bar stops at like 70% and freezes there. Anybody with any idea? Thanks.

Some information that may possibliy help.

The first time I jailbroke my ipod, i could install everything. Then i moved my fonts folder and it bricked it. I restored it back and re-jailbreaked back to 1.1.2. Now i'm at my current stage.
  4. sobakawa

sobakawa New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have a tendancy to think this problem is linked to the installed being corrupted a little in some ways...

another thought that i had. Because my ipod touch was bricked i had to restore to firmware 1.1.1. now here is the question, is there 2 different firmware for 1.1.1? One for ipod touch and one for iphone?
  5. sobakawa

sobakawa New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok managed to solve my summer board problem. I manually installed MobileMail.App (instructions from dev wiki) then went back to installer and installed summerboard 3.0 Now everything works fine!

Please Register or Log in to view images