Summerboard and Customize problems (i've searched!)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by francis, Feb 26, 2008.

1. francis

francis New Member

I'm having some problems getting summerboard and customize working. I've already tried searching for different methods of getting these apps to work, many of which i wasn't sure if they were still relevant/not necessary anymore.

With summerboard, "some" themes i download do not show up in the themes list. This appears to be hit and miss, i can find some of them in /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes, and move them to /var/Mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes, and they work! Do I "have" to be doing this? This is particularly annoying when i want to delete the theme from installer, I have to move those problematic ones back, and i probably won't remember exactly which ones i had to move. Is this just an issue with these particular theme packages?

With customize, images from the "Custom Touch" package do not show up at all. I've tried Skylar's modded version, and i'm having the same problems, only the default images appear. i've found that thespicychicken.com released 1.22, but it is reported to still have some problems. I've also followed the suggestion of changing all permissions to 0755, and editing the SystemVersion plist text from 1.1.3 to 1.1.2 (same issue).

Can anyone provide any additional suggestions, or perhaps see something that i'm missing? also one question on the side, if themes come with multiple wallpapers, how can we set the other ones? sorry about the lenghty post.
  2. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just chmod all files in this folders to 755:

/var/mobile/Library/Customize
    /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

(Make sure to set all files and folder in this folders to 755, too. Some FTP Programs don't change it subfolders to 755, too...)
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Install the symlink for Summerboard and DockSwap
  4. francis

francis New Member

Yes, i've already chmodded all files to 775, and they still do not appear in customize. I can see CustomTouch in mobile/Library/Customize/BatteryImages, so I know it's there.

One thing i still dont understand is, why are some packages installed in /var/root... instead of /var/mobile...? Transferring them to /var/mobile seems to get the summerboard themes to work.

Is this a package found in installer, or is this something i have to do manually? Sorry I never thought to try this because i didn't find any instructions that required installing symlinks to get summerboard/customize working.
  5. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

ln -s /private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard
    /private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard

Type that into putty

You'll need BSD Subsystem, OpenSSH, and Services.
    Turn SSH on.
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I used a symlink fix from the installer the last time I did mine after the ZiPhone nightmare and it worked great!
  7. bladednuisance

bladednuisance New Member

install skylars recompiled version of customize
  8. anubis2night

anubis2night New Member

Hi guys I'm trying to get the mobile finder and mobile text tedit to save my changes to 1.1.3 string but it wont take any suggestions?
  9. francis

francis New Member

ln -s /private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard - no message appears after entering
    /private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard - "zsh: permission denied: /private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard"

what is this supposed to do..?

didn't find anything called "symlink fix" in installer, did you have to add another repo (i have the ipodtouchfans repo already) ?

I've already mentioned that i'm currently using skylar's version.

thanks for the help guys. why are some themes installed in var/root... instead of var/mobile... ?
  10. tipii

tipii New Member

ok so the thing is the cuztomize uses root instead of mobile. i didnt kno that and did a symlink now everything goes to mobile. can someone help me symlink it back to root