Summerboard and customize 1.1.3 (thanks to iatealitlebabie)< please make sticky>

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by betojf, Jan 26, 2008.

1. betojf

betojf New Member

Per iatealitlebabie

"GETTING SUMMERBOARD AND CUSTOMIZE

You can do this two ways

ONE WAY:
    Since you already have iPhonelist open lets put it to work again. Its just as fast as Cuteftp or Putty. Navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/ and theres a file called SystemVersion.plist Open it with a text editor and change the version number at the bottom to 1.1.2. and save it. Then make sure you got the new file that says your version is 1.1.2 and go into Installer and install Summerboard and Customize as usual. Its only changing the icons. No wallpapers yet. No word yet on when or if its being worked on. Customize works for the most part too, just play around with it. BUT be patient, I'm sure updated apps are coming.

ANOTHER WAY:
    Goto into installer and install: mobilefinder & mobiletextedit
    Go into mobilefinder and goto settings and make sure:
    Show Hidden Files is ON
    Show ".." Entry is ON
    Executable Launch is ON
    System File Access is ON

Then touch Finder again and click the ".." at the top til it wont go up anymore.
    then browse to /System/Library/CoreServices/ in there you should see a file named SystemVersion.plist. Touch it, i know you want to. It should open with mobiletextedit...
    at the bottom you should see the 1.1.3 change it to 1.1.2 and then touch save and then the home button and go back into installer and Install Customize and Summerboard as usual.

Now you can change the No Service up in the top left with customize if you goto Springboard strings."
  2. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

The first rule in getting a sticky is to NOT ASK FOR A STICKY.

Please Register or Log in to view images

But thank you very much for this helpful post.

3. Mr530

Mr530 New Member

does customize actually work (skip last row, hiding icons, and five icons on the dock?)
  4. kkoch499

kkoch499 New Member

negative.. customize just locked up when I did this, and Summerboard loads, but doesn't really appear to do anything.
  5. schrimps

schrimps New Member

the first method worked for me.
    but these features are not supported yet:
    summerboard's theme background. but should be possible to exchange it manually somehow

five icons on dock. coundn't get this to work, neither w/ customize nor w/ iorder...
  6. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

I've had a lot of issues using Customize when I did the 1.1.3 to 1.1.2 file edit hack... (pretending the iPod is on firmware 1.1.2).

It wouldn't let me change the slide to unlock or power off text, it would suddenly shut down to the springboard when I went to add more icons to the dock then head over to the "reorder icons" screen to refresh it all.

It was not worth all the trouble, thus I uninstalled it minutes after installing it, which is too bad.

Hopefully a new Summerboard is made soon enough. (or maybe even a Winterboard?

)
  7. gakman

gakman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Summerboard seems to install and run ok for me, but i cant see any themes to choose, its just a blank screen, any ideas?
  8. mjhamilton

mjhamilton New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would not recommend this hack at all.... there is a reason why the apps state they wont install because you are not running 1.1.1 or 1.1.2,,, that is because that is what they were designed to run on...

Just be patient and the updated versions will be released soon
  9. Slider

Slider New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Was able to change the icons in SMBPrefs only, nothing else seems to work unfortuntly.
  10. gakman

gakman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How did you get the icons to work?? I want NEON back!!